British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi April! Good looking fish.

I'm a bit confused about the babies that came in for this shipment...have a couple of questions.

I was wondering what babies came in, where they are (most went to other stores, is that right?), and generally what the prices are.

If you are going to be carrying some of I'd love to come check out the shop.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I see mine!

April has some babies at her shop now, the way I understood it, most are @ the warehouse now, just to get them out of the shipping bags and into tanks.

Probably best to let April know what you're looking for so she can check to see if it's in the shipment.

I picked up my pre-order already, I'm happy with my selection and picked up a few more small/mid sized ones too. They're in the QT for 3 weeks or so before going to their home.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I PM'ed you but your inbox is full. :)

If you're at the store on Thursday I can arrange to pick up from you (pom pom and blue oranda). What's your cell number? I can give you a call and figure out a time that works well.

I'm 604.728.3553.

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Yay, I'm sooooo excited about this! April, I'll arrange to come in Thursday...tonight is getting the QT tank set up.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Picked them up last night, and OMG, that oranda is gorgeous. I ended up with a total of 6 fish (blue oranda, 2 pom poms, 1 black moor, 1 orange/black telescope, 1 sad little black & white baby telescope that I felt sorry for), all in QT right now and doing fine. If I can get decent pics I will post in the tank journal thread.

Thanks April!

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
How did I miss a black and white one?
He's REALLY little, and he was bottom sitting. Like I said, I felt sorry for him...

He's still with us as of this morning, looking a bit happier. He was pretty red around the gills, so I'm guessing that the shipping was hard on him (ammonia high). I've got the QT tank salted and will treat everyone with Prazi in a few days in case of flukes.

April, Do you have any red caps left (the ones with a dorsal fin, not the ranchus)? Djamm was asking about them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'll go to the warehouse this weekend and try hunt down some black and whites.
You're a rock star. :)

Also this forum is completely enabling my addiction. Must resist...more aquariums.

Elle, yeah that's what I figured after speaking with April - shipping must have been tough for these guys. Thanks, customs!
But thank you, April, for taking the time and making the effort.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Really hoping the little guy (white and black) pulls through as he is very pretty fish! And thank you very much April my wife is very pleased with her birthday gift even if I couldn't keep it a surprise....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.