British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came home from being away and not too long after receiving some plants from someone and I have discovered a lot of planaria in my tank! All over the glass, and I am worried they are responsible for my dwindling shrimp numbers.

I am in North Coquitlam, does anyone know where I can get some fenbendazole quickly? I do not have plans to travel through Cloverdale to the recommended Vet anytime soon.

As a second choice I was going to source out some No Planria too, which I have heard has decent results too.

(I have had a shrimp and snail tank for 1.5 years now, and I am still a completely fresh newbie!)

· Registered
2,583 Posts
One factor in a planaria infestation is often over feeding. Perhaps while you were away someone over fed. Without excess food the planaria may disappear, or at least go down to manageable levels.

· Registered
112 Posts
Depending on your patience and what kind of shrimp, I’d consider a few days of trapping the planaria vs a chemical. Depending on the bio film level in the tank the shrimp can often survive for weeks without being fed and the planaria won’t come back. If ya wanna pm me I can tell you how to make a legit trap cheaply.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts