British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
I've heard more horror stories than good stories regarding Aquatic Majic. What plant in particular are you looking for? I'm sure somebody grows it on this forum locally.

JMHO

Stuart

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I haven't had any issues with my other purchases from them so far.

I'm looking for e.horemani in red and green and baclaya red.

I've looked around but couldn't find them.

I've placed my order already. So I'll see how things go whether I'll receive or not.

Horror stories eh? Can pm me those. Haha.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't know how someone could possible screw up shipping live plants... They're pretty durable things...Let us know how the order goes none the less.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I ordered some windelov java fern from them a few weeks back. It arrive in about 1.5 to 2 weeks... Can't quite remember. There were about 30 leaves but about 5 of them were completely brown and mushy while the rest had some brown veins and tips. Of course I removed all the dead leaves and as much of the browning tips as I could. I was hoping the rest of the browning would disappear when I put it in my tank but no luck so far.

Overall, I would probably not buy plants from them again. Maybes some mosses but not anything with leaves.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
i have ordered about 5 seperate plant shipments with them, every time it clears.
I'm pretty sure they have all the paperwork in order for the plants to get through easy.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
I ordered some windelov java fern from them a few weeks back. It arrive in about 1.5 to 2 weeks... Can't quite remember. There were about 30 leaves but about 5 of them were completely brown and mushy while the rest had some brown veins and tips. Of course I removed all the dead leaves and as much of the browning tips as I could. I was hoping the rest of the browning would disappear when I put it in my tank but no luck so far.

Overall, I would probably not buy plants from them again. Maybes some mosses but not anything with leaves.
You should have taken pictures and sent them the pics. I've made claims with them which were promptly fixed (twice, my glass diffusers were broken and one time they sent the wrong one). I've been happy with the purchase experience, although the quality control is questionable (for the CO2 stuff, never ordered plants).

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well. Their guarantees are quite good. 100% reshipment of your item. The plants are suppose to be shipped leaves'less. I'm not expecting 100% green leaves like I would if I was buying from aquaflora or lfs.

Its the baclaya red I have my eyes set on. Flowers in the water.

Love going to asia and bringing back cheap supplies each year.

Well thanks for sharing your purchase experiences with me. I look forward to receiving my shipment of plants from them in the near future.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Anyone had any success receiving imported plants purchased from aquaticmagic on ebay? Or imports from elsewhere?

I'd like to see what my chances are in receiving the plants and getting through customs.
I have ordered from aquaticmagic several times and am very pleased with their plants.

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
All the complaints I have heard have been around their shipped mosses. Wrong items, dead items, long ship times etc., wrong items being shipped multiple times... etc. Because of the numerous complaints I have heard, I would not order any MOSSES from them. It seems like some members have had good experiences with them so you may be good to go.

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's good info to know. I know that any plants don't do well without light. Even my plants turn brown when I transferred my stuff from my 5gallon to my 10gallon.

I will see how it goes. As long as I know that some people has received their items in a reasonable period of time.

I've already had some correspondence issues with them, but nothing I won't see at the lfs either.

Spending a fortune on livestock and plants! Grrrrrr.....

·
Registered
179 Posts
All the complaints I have heard have been around their shipped mosses. Wrong items, dead items, long ship times etc., wrong items being shipped multiple times... etc. Because of the numerous complaints I have heard, I would not order any MOSSES from them. It seems like some members have had good experiences with them so you may be good to go.

Best Regards,

Stuart
agreed, came completely brown and dried.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered from them once, Java Ferns and Java Moss, and they arrived beat up, but once in water they started to revive pretty quick, and started growing like mad.

I didn't have a poor experience with them, but only ordered that one time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've ordered from them many times and been pleased. Once they did send something wrong and didn't fix it though. However, the plant I received was more expensive so I didn't press the issue and for 5 dollars, who cares???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts