British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought one of there tanks 6 months ago I thought I would do my fish a favour get them a really nice home especially my 2 fish I have had since I started my first tank almost 7 years ago so within those 6 months my tank broke 5 times one time it took them 2 months just to get me a new light I had that light break 2 more times I had the LED hood break and I had the pump for the filtration system blow up and more recently I noticed a crack on the filtration system on the top were they had glued it together I Msged them right away and said hey I need a new one myns broken well it broke and got all over my floor and I lost everything in my tank all my fish have died I don't care bout the money I am more pissed I had lost everything I have been building up for years now because there customer service is completely horrendous . So I call him cause I haven't gotten an email back from him in awhile and he has been avoiding me but I finally got him on the phone told him I want a new tank and what had happened yea I may have gotten a little angry cause everything had died but he told me this isn't his problem and hung up on me . The tank is still under manufacture warranty and shoulden been replaced after the 3rd time it broke
So moral of the story if you have one of these tanks and can return it please do because he only cares about money and not your fish

·
Registered
287 Posts
This is bad, bad, bad! I wish this guy had a brain. Really - a forum on BCA and he still hung up on you???!!!

BCA henchman (sorry, don't know your name or proper title) perhaps you could contact this company and find out what is happening with this company. This kind of situation is bad for for forum as well as those involved.

AquaAddict

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had 2 baby 3 bar datnoids a baby fire eel a gourges super red Severum a baby rotkiel Severum my 7 year old parrot who was the main reason I ever bought a tank 2 6 year old balla Sharks some other small fish in there
And the tank is an 86 gallon and the tank didn't crack it was the filter that cracked along the seem they had glued and it sits above the tank and it leaked water all over my floor untill the pump that brings the water up to the filter completely grenaded and blew up it was kinda the best of a worse scenario because it coulda been a lot worse

He only responded back to me after the like the 20th call I left a voicemail saying I was gonna bring this to the news cause I honestly didn't know what else to do at this point no one else needs to have there house ruined and there beloved fish killed from these aquariums and the lack of communications and neglect he gives his customers

I had contacted the fish store I had got the tank from and they are being nice about the whole situation and are going to help me deal with this situation and contact the owner I am bringing it in Saturday I will
Keep you guys updated with how this whole situation works out!

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
I had contacted the fish store I had got the tank from and they are being nice about the whole situation and are going to help me deal with this situation and contact the owner I am bringing it in Saturday I will
Keep you guys updated with how this whole situation works out!
It sounds like you are getting good co-operation from the LFS that you got the tank from. We appreciate you letting us know how this all works out. If you feel so inclined, perhaps you could mention the name of the LFS :) It's always good to publicly share positive experiences with any of our LFS's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
thanks for sharing your story ! will keep in mind !:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So luckily I had gotten a new tank through the fish store they were nice enough to just take it in and give me a tank , as for the cleair aquatics guy , he never contacted me back at any point or even called back the fish store I was dealing with
Never again will I ever purchase a cleair aquatics and I warn everyone else not to purchase one it isn't worth the hassle of not being able to contact anyone if you need parts,

·
Registered
613 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems and glad you got it resolved. Unfortunately it doesn't surprise me. Took a look at the tanks and wasn't impressed. I've travelled throughout Asia and seen many tanks from over the pond, and tanks like this are dirt cheap over there. When I first saw them I thought it was a spelling error... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
So we never did hear the name of LFS that helped you out, I think they should be mentioned as the LFS were the only positive thing that happened during your ordeal with your Cleair aquatics tank and filter system. Seems to me the wrong people are being mentioned, just sayin! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Just curious is this Paul's aquarium the same one as the one on Kingsway and earles back in the 90s?[/QUOTE
Yes. The same owners. I believe the Kingsway store was the original "Paul's" and then they opened the Surrey store. They had both stores going for awhile and then closed the Kingsway store a few years ago. They have been in business for a long time and have always been a pleasure to deal with....very knowledgable and they always back their products including livestock. :cool:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea they defiantly are unfortanitly they were put in a horrible position due the cleair aquatics

1 - 20 of 27 Posts