British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Cichlid. As for as what Genus... I don't have the expertise to tell but am looking into it.
Colour is pretty dull and the shots aren't that clear but maybe I'd guess, Maylandia lombardoi?

·
Banned
140 Posts
I was going to suggest this fish is related to an eartheater. That mouth shape is very distinct.

·
Banned
140 Posts
definitely not a jewel, I have lots and none have mouth shaped like that

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alex nailed it for me. After I looked it up a bit I see the most similar type would be a bluegill sunfish. I get them in every year around the same time with my comet goldfish shipments. I seem to have 3 males and one female. I actually love the temperament. They are monstrous. Even at their small size they destroy anything put into the tank. And they seem to like the colder temps than my usual 78+. 65° seems to be their favorite. Another note is that they are lightning fast. Zipping from one end of the tank to the other through all the plants and wood with little effort. They are small right now but I want to keep them so I'll have continual updates on their status. I have some supplies and plans for a 500 gallon tank to be setup, and I was thinking it would be grand to have a Texas Native theme with wood, plants, and fish all featuring the beauty of Toledo Bend Texas waters. So far, all talk.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts