British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I need some suggestion about light for my 40 gallon breeder (36L x 18W x 16H) planted. I am currently using finnex 36" planted+, and I found its coverage is not enough. I need something can cover the entire area.

What do you think about the following options?

1. Get another finnex 36" planted+
2. Find another light can cover the entire area
3. Other idea?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I like your first idea about getting another finnex, especially if you like the unit but the light output. If it uses a remote and the remote can control multiple units at the same time, it would just be more convenient to control both units with the one remote.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If you need coverage but don't want to increase light output then I recommend the Elevate Shrimp risers for the Finnex Planted+ which are obviously much cheaper than purchasing another light. I don't recall the height of the stands for the original Finnex Planted+ but I know that the risers can be as tall as 6".

The only caveat is that you might get some light spillage since the Finnex fixtures don't have a built in hood.

https://www.elevateshrimp.com/collections/plant-holders/products/oem-finnex-light-risers-fits-planted-ray2-fugeray-etc

PM me and I'll direct you to a retailer who sells them in Canada (but not a sponsor here on BCA)

I know my 50gallon is 2" taller, but the one fixture gives pretty good spread when paired with the risers. I can also shoot you a picture.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts