British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75gl Brackish tank with Four Scats and 5 Mono they are a fare size
around 4-1/2" ea.

I would like to add a pleco but not a comon one and would need a fair size one so the other guy's don't bother him/her.

What would you recommend.:)

·
Registered
327 Posts
I read about a brackish tolerant pleco once, didn't make note of it and can't find the article again. I believe that it was an article by Neil Monks, but can't find any mention on his webpage.

If you don't get it figured out here, you can email Neil at www.wetwebmedia.com ---> "ask WWM" and Neil will respond to your email.

Alternatively if you are looking for a cleaner crew you may want to try snails. I am trying to get that established ATM myself. I tried dripping a horned nerite (Clithon corona) to 1.005 but lost him after a couple of days. I figured that it should have been good since they breed in brackish. My next attempt will be to drip a marine nerite down and see if that works.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brackish Pleco

Thank You

Darb and Charles for your input.
I guess no pleco going in this setup.

Regards
Andy

·
Registered
41 Posts
I agree with Charles. They recommend bristlenose for high ph rift tanks, but I accidentally killed a bristlenose by adding salt to a tank for the livebearers and shark catfish. Perhaps one of the gobies? I have heard that they eat algae pretty well. Fat Sleeper Goby maybe? they are brackish.

http://pets.cubessearch.com/dormitator-maculatus-fat-sleeper-goby

and this is the catfish that I love that is brackish. you didnt mention catfish, but these are nice. I kept them with scats.

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_jordani.php

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pleco

Thank you Reva
Hmmm a while back I was offered a nice one from a member but my guys keep the bottom clean.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts