British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do the stores have outdoor pond plants yet? Any suggestions of a good place to get some?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Art Knapp on King George had limited selection when I was there last week. I was hoping to grab some Hyacinth, but they were completely sold out.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is Aprils Aquarium still delivering? Does anyone know if Fish Addicts has pond plants?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Do the stores have outdoor pond plants yet? Any suggestions of a good place to get some?
I was at Cedar Rim Nursery today and they had a great selection of outdoor pond plants. The Hyacinths were huge. I got a container of red red floaters for $6.98

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got some at Arts Nursery in Surrey. They had a good selection. Thanks for asking vant.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I am looking to put together a pond on my porch in a wheel barrel.
Where can I get a dwarf lily locally?

Shipping from Ontario hurts the wallet

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was at Art's the other week and didn't see any but I might make another trip out.

Side question (sorry to hijack thread): Thinking of a half barrel pond year round. Would an Aquaclear HOB filter last (have one kicking around) or what would your suggestions be?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use sponge filters with a little electric air pump (housed in a plastic mini-tackle box which has been duct taped for weather proofing), and solar pumps for circulation. The round solar ones that float are great. I would be hesitant to put an Aquaclear in the weather.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I picked up some hyacinth and water lettuce from Harris Nursery land in Delta. It's on Ladner Trunk Rd, just east of HWY 17a.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts