Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.bcaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=239

Here is an example of what NOT to be doing guys,,,, I was cleaning threads constantly on the previous incarnation of the forum. Please, the same rules apply and its gets crappy looking at an ad only to see people chattering away... especially for the Original poster I don't want to go in and Rule 15 everybody Im hoping you will try to keep your posts as something to contribute to the forum not just get your numbers up again...

Come monday evening I will be cleaning threads in such a way that DELETES your post and your post count will go down accordingly...

Its so nice when an ad is an ad only, we have chat, and the aqualounge, freshwater chat, start a new topic, I'd love to chime in!!

Lisa

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Yes, I think its crazy that some members are already into the 100+, 200+ post count in just a few days. Stop the chatter people. High post count doesn't make you any more of an expert.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Thanks Lisa.

Before post counts were usually attributed to seasoned hobbyist and NOT people trying to show off. In actuality, it looks kind of lame when you see someone who has 400 - 500 post a week or month. I prefer the old quality and not quantity approach ;). The thinning out of threads will be quite the undertaking. Kudos for taking on such a labour intensive project.

BTW, when did Ibenu become a super mod, I thought Seahorse_Fanatic was our only mod that held that title?

Thanks again mod team.

Best Regards,

Stuart

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
Maybe I can make a suggestion here. On many car forums I visit, the post count is not shown to users (not sure if mods can see), then it doesn't matter how many posts anyone has. I'm sure how many posts someone has makes no difference to the quality of their posts.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
but at the same time. I also think that members like to see postive feedback of there fish/fishtanks/breeding pictures. How about videos? Everyone likes enjoying them & posting feedback also.

·
Super Moderator
5,240 Posts
Maybe I can make a suggestion here. On many car forums I visit, the post count is not shown to users (not sure if mods can see), then it doesn't matter how many posts anyone has. I'm sure how many posts someone has makes no difference to the quality of their posts.
It used to make a difference on BCA, but lately and since the switch not so much.

Stuart

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
but at the same time. I also think that members like to see postive feedback of there fish/fishtanks/breeding pictures. How about videos? Everyone likes enjoying them & posting feedback also.
I'm with you on that one. Who wants to post pics and vids if no one appreciates it? I think the pics and vids are one of the best things on BCA.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
That's why U see some threads with lots of VIEWS but no replies.. :D
Yeah, but that's the problem. If it's just a page with no feedback, it might as well be an article. Why go to all the effort of posting up and no one is going to participate? Wouldn't you feel that way?

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
It's mostly in the ads that we see a lot of unnecessary posts. Comments in tank journal & picture threads, and answers to questions are great. However, we've had several members complain that their ads become filled with chatter & they go into their ad thinking there is someone wanting to buy & find 5 or 6 posts of other members chatting with each other instead.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
If I may make another suggestion then. Perhaps we should not allow posts from anyone but the originator in the classifieds. Then all business will be done by PM's which would be much cleaner anyway. Not sure how difficult that is to do though.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My OP , even the title made it clear I was talking about classifieds, or did some of you not read that? 2wheelsx2 it appears you didnt even read my original post based on what I am reading above??

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
My OP , even the title made it clear I was talking about classifieds, or did some of you not read that? 2wheelsx2 it appears you didnt even read my original post based on what I am reading above??
Sorry, I didn't realize I was participating in the wrong discussion. I did read your original post, but other people were also discussing other points and I answered those. As for your original post, I made several points about removing post counts and the below. Did you not read those?

If I may make another suggestion then. Perhaps we should not allow posts from anyone but the originator in the classifieds. Then all business will be done by PM's which would be much cleaner anyway. Not sure how difficult that is to do though.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.