British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought some gold fish fomr your guys store and they infected my intire tank with anchor worm!! when i went back to your store.. the tank was clearly infected with them...but you guys were still selling them thats a little unfair dont you think?? so now i had to purchase meds for my tank with the parasite. not to mention your filtration is shared amoung all your other tanks...

·
Registered
33 Posts
i recently bought some gold fish fomr your guys store and they infected my intire tank with anchor worm!! when i went back to your store.. the tank was clearly infected with them...but you guys were still selling them thats a little unfair dont you think?? so now i had to purchase meds for my tank with the parasite. not to mention your filtration is shared amoung all your other tanks...
I had a similar problem, I bought a ram a month ago, 4 days after they are brought into the fish store, and the ram died 2 days after I took it home due to illness, then I brought the dead body the the store, and I only have the credit for half what I paid, and I noticed the rams in the fish store are pretty much all gone(there were at least 50 of them when I bought mine,and I don't think they are all sold), I tried with argue with the manager to get fully refund but they refused, and I was :mad::mad:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
i recently bought some gold fish fomr your guys store and they infected my intire tank with anchor worm!! when i went back to your store.. the tank was clearly infected with them...but you guys were still selling them thats a little unfair dont you think?? so now i had to purchase meds for my tank with the parasite. not to mention your filtration is shared among all your other tanks...
Yes, fish that are showing any signs of infection are generally quarantined. Anchor worm is very common at this time of year and we do use preventatives in our systems to safe guard against this. did you bring this up to the manager at the time? They should hve been able to do something for you in this case.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I had a similar problem, I bought a ram a month ago, 4 days after they are brought into the fish store, and the ram died 2 days after I took it home due to illness, then I brought the dead body the the store, and I only have the credit for half what I paid, and I noticed the rams in the fish store are pretty much all gone(there were at least 50 of them when I bought mine,and I don't think they are all sold), I tried with argue with the manager to get fully refund but they refused, and I was :mad::mad:
Shingo43,
First of all we sell a LOT of fish. Your example of your Ram I cant comment on as it was a month ago, I have no idea what type of Ram or who you spoke to. this matter could have been brought to my attention when it happened and resolved. The credit received was a standard credit for lost livestock. We credit 1/2 the value no matter what. Most stores demand a water sample etc but we absorb the loss for whatever the reason. You say you tried to argue with the manager, perhaps that is why this did not end well?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shubunkins

Well i was not pleased when i had mention to the lady at front desk her name is (brandy) that the tank of goldies had anchor worm.. and so did mine when i brought them home they showed no signs of illness, i even put them in (quar) for three days before i put them in my tank..they ended up killing two of my other fish.. im in the process of removing the worms and giving them medication. When i told her that the tank was infected she said to me that its up to chris in the back to medicate the remaining fish in there. i just dont think its very fair to sell sick and diseased fish,,they should be removed from the show tank and medicated...:mad:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Well i was not pleased when i had mention to the lady at front desk her name is (brandy) that the tank of goldies had anchor worm.. and so did mine when i brought them home they showed no signs of illness, i even put them in (quar) for three days before i put them in my tank..they ended up killing two of my other fish.. im in the process of removing the worms and giving them medication. When i told her that the tank was infected she said to me that its up to chris in the back to medicate the remaining fish in there. i just dont think its very fair to sell sick and diseased fish,,they should be removed from the show tank and medicated...:mad:
Chris manages the fish room. He is the best to discuss this issue, that is one of the reasons he is there. Brandi is one of the front managers, that is why she told you what she did. Speak to Chris, he is great, he will sort something out for you, no problem.:)

·
Banned
43 Posts
last night i was thinking only me unlucky got the sick fish ,at less you have half refund,better i dont get anything and died my fish $90 last night! i just woundering how many / times / case from IPU like that! less i know not only me and you guys!!!:( still not enought :confused:
why we purchase get the fish from your, why we need spend more expensive $ and get the sick / dead fish! i got one of BCA member told me one fram thai silk Fh $45 ea stronger and well, why i spent $90 again...that why the people now usually get the group buy from the BCA! they told u will help you, finially thousand reason refused u...$$ i wont go IPU anymore! :mad::mad:

·
Banned
48 Posts

That kinda talk will not be tolerated in any way here in a sponsors section or otherwise...

Deleted by Lisa

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
last night i was thinking only me unlucky got the sick fish ,at less you have half refund,better i dont get anything and died my fish $90 last night! i just woundering how many / times / case from IPU like that! less i know not only me and you guys!!!:( still not enought :confused:
why we purchase get the fish from your, why we need spend more expensive $ and get the sick / dead fish! i got one of BCA member told me one fram thai silk Fh $45 ea stronger and well, why i spent $90 again...that why the people now usually get the group buy from the BCA! they told u will help you, finially thousand reason refused u...$$ i wont go IPU anymore! :mad::mad:
I'm sorry to hear your fish died but in your post you never mention any thing about your water conditions or if your tank was cycled properly or the food you were feeding it, also no mention about the filter you were using. all you seem to mention over and over again was the $ 90 you spent and they gave you a sick fish. First off did you ask the person that caught you the fish what they were feeding it and second did you look at the other fish in the tank to see if there was any signs of them being sick .It never fun losing fish but at the same time you can throw all the blame on the store when you your self didn't take the right steps on how to keep your new fish well and healthy .

·
Banned
43 Posts
i try many different food, worm, pellets, shrimp , feeder! anythign still dont eat, and after 2 week tinny and finialy last night dead! sorry, i need to said since i got him he dont eat! and i am not first have Fh, i have another 5" but different tank! go to my thread form IPU read it , there said already!:(

·
Registered
62 Posts
lol ipu seems to be catching a lot of flak... well since it says praise and complaints I would like to praise IPU for their help :) I went in on Sunday to get a clown loach since they were on sale, there was only 1 left and I told the guy I wanted it but he told me it looked sick and so they wouldn't sell it ( Although I do think it would be better if the stuff on sale didn't run out after a day :p ), I've also got most of my fresh water fish from there over the last 3 years and have had very few problems after getting them.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
i try many different food, worm, pellets, shrimp , feeder! anythign still dont eat, and after 2 week tinny and finialy last night dead! sorry, i need to said since i got him he dont eat! and i am not first have Fh, i have another 5" but different tank! go to my thread form IPU read it , there said already!:(
I have read your other thread but still never mention any thing about your water conditions. Only thing you mention was the fish lived in a 10 gallon tank.

·
Registered
65 Posts
as with all hobbies there are always risk; there are always problems of disease and like in the aquarium business. the point to me seems to be fixing the worm or disease issue at the source. i do not believe any of this was intentional,losing your fish sucks,ibelieve it happens to us all ..a clean healthy tank seems to be its best defence along with quality healthy stock. ask questions, check that the stock looks healthy make, sure your own aquarium is top knotch ..this seems to work for me..chillin

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Yes, many of us are frustrated, some lucked out and had only that stock in their tank, like me, others not so much, but the majority of us have went through a private means to get to the bottom of this. They however still are a sponsor here and i believe negative criticism of shops is not permitted here, especially sponsors who help pay for this site.

IPU has build up a reputation here through quality service and customer relations through these forums, not by planting staff to reply to posts. They don't get all the mentions in posts to shop there because they are a sponsor, theres many other shops being mentioned who are not sponsors here, they've simply provided a pleasant service to many here.

From my view, I've had bad experiences from many of the shops people say are the best around the city, you need to judge a shop according to your overall experience with them, not just the one time something went bad.

For me i'll wait it out for live stock, and then i'll likely go back there for supplies and fish when the sickness is gone, simply because the positive vastly outweighs the negatives when it comes to shopping here

·
Registered
65 Posts
i believe it would be a very long commute from 100 mile to van ,therefore a plant i am not; just an idea to solve a disease issue, an opinion only

·
Registered
614 Posts
I am not an IPU employee, and have never met Grant in person, but I must praise IPU. I have never had a problem with their fish (not since independence day). In Richmond Rick (the manager) is very friendly, always greets me when I am in there, and he is very approachable if you have a problem or concern. In Burnaby, I may have met Sarah once or twice, but Brandi(sp?) always seems to be there, and same thing with her, friendly and approachable. If they can't help you it is probably because they are following company policy. If you still have a problem,PM Grant (the owner) he is also approachable. A public flaming will only have the opposite of the desired effect.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Moderators,
The above posts have nothing to do with our trade in policy, kindly move to an appropriate section.
Grant , as a sponsor I think you are able to clear the unwanted posts yourself.

sheesh !! you guys . Show a little class here . Read the rules. Got a problem ?? Try a PM .

Every store has its good and bad points . I could say good and bad things about most LFS 's I visit. Not every one is perfect in every way.
With a little class you can get things resolved . Coming on here with that kinda talk will get little results.( you sure the hell would get no where with me )
No I don't work there .
No never met the guy.
No not my favorite place to shop .
( I don't have one....I make my rounds.)
Yes I do have an opinion ( my own ) of everyplace I go but if I Don't like a place ...I certainly don't come on here whining like a baby on their sponsor section.
Send a pm !! SHOW a little class . Sheesh :eek: .

Bill

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
lol ipu seems to be catching a lot of flak... well since it says praise and complaints I would like to praise IPU for their help :) I went in on Sunday to get a clown loach since they were on sale, there was only 1 left and I told the guy I wanted it but he told me it looked sick and so they wouldn't sell it ( Although I do think it would be better if the stuff on sale didn't run out after a day :p ), I've also got most of my fresh water fish from there over the last 3 years and have had very few problems after getting them.
I did the exact same thing, i went i for some clown loaches but (i think his name is Mark) didn't want to sell them because he wanted to make sure they were all 100%

That say's alot, because i didn't notice any problems when I looked at the tank, and would have gladly bought a few of them. Good looking out

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.