Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Administrator
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Hope you're all doing well.

We're holding a contest to have a badge designed for our Premium Members. The badge is an image that identifies which users are Premium Members. We would love for you to design one and then allow the community to vote for the winner.

Deadline for submission is Friday, May 17, 2013 at 4pm EST.

You are allowed ONE submission only. If you submit more than one image, we will only accept the FIRST image as your submission.

Please design your badge with the following dimensions: 600px width; 250px height

The winner will be awarded with a TWO-YEAR Premium Membership to BCA. :)

Looking forward to seeing your designs!!!

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Hopefully we'll start to see some interest in this and get some submissions in like we did for our banner a while back.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Yung didn't like what the badge would look like so he's giving us an opportunity to come up with a design.

If you're not interested, don't do it. I'm sure if there's no interest in this then that's the route that will be taken.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
What if I have a design in my head but I'm a terrible artist? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I was making one that had the BCAquaria logo, but I couldn't think of any fish related to incorporate in it.

If you can do something in MS Paint I could try taking a whack at it in Photoshop. I can design and program websites and do marketing, but I'm by no means a graphics designer, I'm really not great at art.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I was thinking like a cartoon Neptune with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face like... I'm better than you...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I don't even understand how to create an image digitally besides using Paint and making squiggly lines with a mouse lol. Could you sketch a badge and then upload it?

·
Registered
111 Posts
What is exactly is a badge.. do you mean a avatar like square image that we see people affix below their online name ( eg.: effox guy above uses some sort of cartoon fox)?

msjboy

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
It would be similar to an avatar but wouldn't replace it. It would be in addition to the user's avatar, only applied to premium users.

·
Administrator
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello everyone,

Since we did not receive any submissions, we will have our in-house team draw a design and have it implemented in due time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.