British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new wild caught silver and black aro with double stack white bucket. It is call White Bucket Treatment WBT instead of WTT :). Thanks Earl for Aro :D

Top bed is Silver aro, middle is black aro and bottom is feeding frogs

5" silver

5" black

Sneak preview of plywood tank build as well for other asian Aro. It is locate in the garage and instead of insulate the garage I just insulate the tank only bottom insulate as well.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
tank and aro look awesome! I am sure both of these arowannas will grow up to be a nice specimen.

I notice tattered fins on the black, but I am sure its no problem and will grow back.

Congratulations on these nice finds and good luck with your plywood tank.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That looks like it going to be a very nice tank. It looks to me you have pieced together the top plates on your front and back walls. If I were you I would replace the 2 pieces with one single 2x4. Or double the up and start your long piece from the opposite side spanning your joint.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Cool stuff! Can't wait to see your aros in this one :)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
That looks like it going to be a very nice tank. It looks to me you have pieced together the top plates on your front and back walls. If I were you I would replace the 2 pieces with one single 2x4. Or double the up and start your long piece from the opposite side spanning your joint.
agreed, that doesnt look very sturdy on the front.

what is the reason for white buckets instead of glass tanks? less stress?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not done yet, still a lot more to do. I am using construction glue and screw so it will be a one solid piece. This will be floor tank with over flow filter on the side.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Whoa! I didn't know you can catch Aros from the wild, aren't they endangered or something? And where did you caught them from? They look awesome!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whoa! I didn't know you can catch Aros from the wild, aren't they endangered or something? And where did you caught them from? They look awesome!
silver and black you can catch as they are South America. They are from King_EL and it is from Canadian Aquatics. Let see if I can get away with Drop eyes for wild caught.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
silver and black you can catch as they are South America. They are from King_EL and it is from Canadian Aquatics. Let see if I can get away with Drop eyes for wild caught.
Maybe wild caughts dont get drop eyes, but I kinda doubt it :)

If yours dont, then it would be wild caughts for me for sure :D

·
Registered
743 Posts
agreed definately, for the price of wood and the lack of structure that joint gives, no question about it.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
agreed definately, for the price of wood and the lack of structure that joint gives, no question about it.
For these kind of tank it is the water seal that more important then a structure itself. Having lots of 2x4 is good but having it at the right structure is better and yet I am not done with the build. The right side is where my wet/dry filter will be so there is less pressure on that size.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts