British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the concept that hoolagal has settled on, after tweaking it to get exactly what she wanted. It has a 30 gallon on top, 5 gallon in the middle, and 2 - 2.5 gallons on the bottom. I will be starting construction of it this weekend. The best part, it'll be pink!! LOL, never done one that colour before.:D Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
568 Posts
Looks good.. I'm more of a purple kind of girl, but I've never seen a pink stand before.. so looking forward to the final project!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Looks awesome already and Pink is my fav color too. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks good.

How tall is it going to be?

·
Registered
280 Posts
yay pink! Can't wait to see it completed with tanks on it and fish in the tanks swimming happily

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I am looking forward to seeing it pink as well. The stand is 36" tall, then the 30g on top. Not too tall.

G

·
the tanks on the bottom are 2.5 gallons each and can easily be moved out to clean ... the five gallon below the 30 gallon is for red ramshorn snails to feed the puffies above :O) i don't see a problem with doing tank maintenance :)

G

·
and i just noticed you said it would be 36 inches tall which means i will be able to view it from bed !!! how great is that :)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and i just noticed you said it would be 36 inches tall which means i will be able to view it from bed !!! how great is that :)
LOL, that'll be nice. I was able to view my tanks from bed before I moved. I liked it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
just wondering about the height. isn't it too tall to have the bigger tank on top. that'll be top heavy and stability might be compromised. just a thought.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^ It won't be an issue as the rest of the tanks under provide extra weight, which adds to the stability. Most stands you buy in stores will be around that height as well, and are supported by legs that are skinnier than the ones on this stand.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Looks like a nice design,

I never made a stand myself, but i often see people recommending adding a plywood back as it adds stability, Just something you may want to consider if you haven't already done so.

Also since it's pink and girly already :), you could add stencils of flowers or other patterns of Dora..etc if this is for a girl's room.

Just another idea would a clear coat help might prevent the paint from fading as there's gonna be humidity and water splashing time to time.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It will be painted with a semi-gloss. And I don't know about the stencils. Hoolagal, why do you think. LOL As for the back, I will see how it feels after it is constructed and decide then. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Pink comes in about a million shades. Have you already picked out a paint chip, Hoolagal? I always find selecting a paint colour from chips very difficult.

I like the design. Elegant. Maybe there will even be enough room to fit a few books onto the shelves with the tanks.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts