British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for my next project. This stand is for a 33 gallon long. It will be completely open inside, allowing lots of room for equipment and storage. I will be getting started on it this week. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, no. It will be black. Blue is just the colour I use in the design program.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Whee!

Everybody keep your fingers crossed for the tank - my first choice is a 40 gal long (same footprint as the 33 long, but taller). . . however they are *rather* hard to come by.

This will be my replacement setup (for the giant 90 gal bowfront). So excited!

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Daniel does crazy good job on stand. Good choice for getting him to build you one.
Thanks Charles

I think it's going to be another AWESOME hand-made stand, Daniel!!! Looking forward to seeing the progress.
Thanks, I enjoy the process and letting everyone here see it go together.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the frame started last night. I am doing a 2x4 frame that will be enclosed. It is overkill for the size tank that it will be holding but the footprint is the same as a 55g, and BTS can hit at any time :D Plus, I prefer to overbuild anyways. No picture yet, but I will post one as soon as I have the full frame assembled.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Finally got back into my shop and was able to complete the framing on this stand. No pictures as I forgot to snap them, but it is moving along again.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Oh comon Daniel we want to c pics lol

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, went to get the material yesterday. had to wait for Windsor Plywood to cut the sheet up for me and they didn't get back to me before the end of the day. Hoping to pick it up tonight

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For my 1000th post! I am glad to show you all an update on this stand. I was able to get a good bit done today. Here is the stand, only missing the handles on doors and the bottom inside. It is now ready for paint and then delivery.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts