British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have another project getting underway. This one is a stand for a 125g with a 75g and an FX5 below. The lower tank is set to one side of the stand allowing room for a door to hide the filter. I was able to get some boards cut for the frame this weekend. Here's some concept pictures. I'll update as I make more progress.

Attachments

·
Registered
773 Posts
you left me hanging, wheres the pics. What a good design though. Canèt wait to see.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Is the lower 75 g a sump or another aquarium?
that could handle a big load with a sump and an fx 5

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got to make some progress on this stand today. Almost have the frame completely assembled. Here are a couple of pictures. Just to put the size into perspective, the frame behind it, to the right is the frame for my 90g, standing on end!! :eek: This is a big boy.

The top frame hasn't been secured yet. I ran out of screws and had to run out for more. 2 cross supports will also be added to the top frame to match the bottom. The left will house an FX5 and the right is the 75g.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The frame is now completely assembled. Next step is the outside casing. A trip to the lumber store soon.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep, it will be black. If my wife doesn't mind me disappearing into the shop for the evening I might be able to get the first coat of paint on by this evening.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have gotten the stand painted with 2 coats of the primer, inside and out. Once my son goes to bed this evening it will get its first coat of black.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The stand is completely finished and will be delivered tomorrow morning. Pictures will follow after it is dropped off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts