British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Project Pinto

6K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Yukina 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I would like to share some pics of the evolution of my shrimp project that I have been working all most 2 years now.

Hybrids (Taitibees) phenotype CBS with Pinto Gene

Hybrids Fancy Tiger with Pinto Gene

A Full Black & Panda with Pinto Genes

Since Pinto don't breed 100%, I would say around 75%-80%. They throw some Full Black

I then selected these ones for the next generation which currently F4 :bigsmile:
One of them has pattern like Nanacy Pinto :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Did you breed the taitibees yourself or pick them up from someone else?

Very cool project! Good luck.

#14 ·
This is a super impressive project! I actually want to try something similar to create a more stable breed of CRS, by crossing Tiger Shrimp with CRS to produce a red tiger striped shrimp. The goal being to give them hardier genetics than CRS. I am specifically only using local water with no additives as well, that way if I can succeed it will make the hobby cheaper and more accessible for people!

Then get the stocks up high enough to distribute them around and get them breeding with other local enthusiasts! (Ultimately creating an extremely hardy yet beautiful shrimp!) I am going to go devour your blog now! Thanks for sharing! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.