British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a puffer fish that is compatible with an frt? Or is there a possible compatibility?

Alex

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Alex you getting an FRT??

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thinking about it.... Its down the road though lol. I miss my fahaka, and I want another puffer. But i only want to do one big show tank

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh i know buddy , i am to blame for sure !! but i hope everybody does all the research about them , and plans on giving the turtles a good home .:D
You know me.... i do my best to provide a good home :)

ANYWAYS back on topic. I want this question answered! :p

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
You know me.... i do my best to provide a good home :)

ANYWAYS back on topic. I want this question answered! :p
i gonna say no to this one , cause my guy is getting very nippy these days , i even had to give him a timeout !!:eek: , the funny thing is he only goes after my big ripsaw catfish , but he can get very mean !! ;) . as a frt gets bigger they do become quite aggresive and dont mix well with others , but each turtle is different ??

·
Registered
327 Posts
Try on MFK, it's not exactly a common combination.

What did you have in mind for a puffer?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try on MFK, it's not exactly a common combination.

What did you have in mind for a puffer?
Yeah maybe i will try there.

Well, i was thinking of a mbu, just because of there size. Maybe that will keep the frt for nipping?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
The Fahaka in our display ignores our FRT. Of course he is smaller and he tank is 1400 plus. Still, no interest. I would say there is a lot of factors here, most of all the personality of each fish. I would not think a puffer would find a turtle interesting until perhaps the puffer is quite large and becomes more cranky.

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Fahaka in our display ignores our FRT. Of course he is smaller and he tank is 1400 plus. Still, no interest. I would say there is a lot of factors here, most of all the personality of each fish. I would not think a puffer would find a turtle interesting until perhaps the puffer is quite large and becomes more cranky.
Thanks for the insight grant

Do you think that growing up a frt before buying a puffer would be a wise choice?

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hmmm. I have lined up getting my frt. I think i might start with that, and add a juvi puffer in. The frt i am getting is 4 inches. We will see how they do at a younge age, because i know if fish grow together they co exist better in the future. If there is a problem, i will separate them :)

Alex

·
Registered
327 Posts
Just try on MFK and perhaps see what some people say that have actually tried the combo. The forum is full of nOObs and you have to weed out all of the BS like you have to on any forum.

Naturally I have to raise the point, do you realize:

that an MBU can reach 26 inches and giving a conservative tank length of 5 body lengths by 1.5 body lengths deep and 1 body length of water depth puts you at about 570 US gallons?

Well beyond the reach of 99.XX% of hobbiests capabilities/resources.

Personally it is a fish that the trade should put on restricted status so that it isn't widely flogged in the industry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts