British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi, i go thte Thai silk flowerhorn about 10 ~14 days in Richmond Island Pets Unlimited , but since i go him , he dont eat anything, i try pellet , worm, dont eat, now he so tinny , what can i do ? is he have worm in his body ?:(
can i take it to Island Pets Unlimited exchange or momey back, i spent over $90 and the fish have sick!
the problem is i throw the recepit , because that day i leave the bag in my tank and make all wet, so i dont keep it, and i did not know he will like that!!!:(
anyone have this happen and Island Pets Unlimited they will help u exchange or refund money to u ?
i want get one more, but it is too expensive ,,$90 , is i can get discount for that!! :confused: but i dont think...they will...
thks!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
you should be able to get 50% back at the very least.
if you are an IPU member and used your phone # with the purchase they can look it up....

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the problem is i lose my receipt , i try find but cannt find, it because while i put the fish bag into my tank that moment i make it wet! the water running on my table, so i didnt keep it and throw it away with the bag, i never thinking will have this happen, so i dont have receipt and how can i go there exchange or ask ? i dont think they will help,.... too bad $90 ,,,just gone now!
that is my wrong, while i pick up i choose strong one! this flowerhorn look like sick while i got him!!
i have 10 G tank, keep temperature 27 - 29 c,
feeding pellet or worm , but he dont eat since i got him until now, i try different pellet or worm, same, now very tinny and sometime stand up the body , the heat on the bottom and tail was up! look like almost........
so what happen i can do ? i worry he may died this 2 days,,,,i like silk flowerhorn, i want get 1 more, but worry same again, too much $90... ,

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Are you a member at Island Pets?
if so you don't need the reciept just your phone number....

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i am not their member, i dont join their member, that is problem!!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Awww... sorry to hear that!
Have you tried prazi pro? or different types of food? Or maybe even call IPU and ask what they were feeding them before hand?
I recall reading a post from another thread saying someone got a fish that had anchor worm from IPU, im not saying they all have something like that, but maybe consider trying to get some prazi pro! =)

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
hi, i go thte Thai silk flowerhorn about 10 ~14 days in Richmond Island Pets Unlimited , but since i go him , he dont eat anything, i try pellet , worm, dont eat, not he so sinny , what can i do ? is he have worm in his body ?:(
can i take it to Island Pets Unlimited exchange or momey back, i spent over $90 and the fish have sick!
the problem is i throw the recepit , because that day i leave the bag in my tank and make all wet, so i dont keep it, and i did not know he will like that!!!:(
anyone have this happen and Island Pets Unlimited they will help u exchange or refund money to u ?
i want get one more, but it is too expensive ,,$90 , is i can get discount for that!! :confused: but i dont think...they will...
thks!!!!!!
Tomaslue,
have you spoke to Angelo regarding this issue? If not I am sure Rick can sort something out for you. We imported over 30 of those Flower Horns on that shipment and I don't know of any issues, they are very strong. What are your water parameters? Our guarantee is for 5 days, if the fish was not eating it would have been best to bring this up earlier when the fish was not this skinny.

·
Registered
145 Posts
The 10 gallon tank itself may be stressing the the flowerhorn. How large is it? If it is over 2 inches I would suggest upgrading the tank size. Are there any other fish in the tank. Remember, flower horns must be kept 1 per tank and as the only fish. Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
you should be able to get 50% back at the very least.
if you are an IPU member and used your phone # with the purchase they can look it up....
Actually, the order form is the guarantee. Simply looking up a receipt does not tell me what fish were purchased.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Awww... sorry to hear that!
Have you tried prazi pro? or different types of food? Or maybe even call IPU and ask what they were feeding them before hand?
I recall reading a post from another thread saying someone got a fish that had anchor worm from IPU, im not saying they all have something like that, but maybe consider trying to get some prazi pro! =)
Are the moons aligned or something? It is unlikely to be anything to do with Anchor worm. It is more likely to have something to do with the water quality or parameters. No offense Eternity302, there is just an unusual number of emails like this. People don't usually buy sick looking fish so whatever problems are arising, it is likely after the fact.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
My fish were fine every time I got
them (over 100 from IPU) also when I got
my lungfish they gave me melafix as he had a small gouge in his
fin. They gave me meds just in case
as I was a bit sceptical. I love the burnaby location and can't say anything negative as of
yet

Brought my friend there who bought
a turtle there and
she has been happy with her expeoriance
there

I think
it's
all
on who I talk to and how busy they are. But the staff does seem as tho they would
love to help

I would
say post some pics and list the perems so we can figure out what's wrong
with ur
fishy fishy

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Actually, the order form is the guarantee. Simply looking up a receipt does not tell me what fish were purchased.
thank you i will remember that.

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bad news, i just went to the living room, the silk flowerhorn dont moving, stay on the bottom , finially he away..........:(
so now it is over , even died already, how to exchange? or ...$
it is a experience to learn careful dont pick up the sick fish, i was trust the stuff pick up for me.. anyway , it is over now, i dont need to said anything, it was too late!!:(

so it is a big lesson to learn $90 for 2 week only!!
* i need to said thks the BCA member give me idea or message sharing with me Fh problem, i try my best already, but he still need to go, i feel bad tonight....
thks lots everybody!
have a good night!:eek:

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
bad news, i just went to the living room, the silk flowerhorn dont moving, stay on the bottom , finially he away..........:(
so now it is over , even died already, how to exchange? or ...$
it is a experience to learn careful dont pick up the sick fish, i was trust the stuff pick up for me.. anyway , it is over now, i dont need to said anything, it was too late!!:(

so it is a big lesson to learn $90 for 2 week only!!
* i need to said thks the BCA member give me idea or message sharing with me Fh problem, i try my best already, but he still need to go, i feel bad tonight....
thks lots everybody!
have a good night!:eek:
Tomaslue,
Sorry to hear of the loss, I would love to have a sample of the water to determine what the problem was. 2 weeks is a long time after purchase for a fish to slowly waste away. Given that we had so many, I highly doubt the staff member selected a sick fish for you. Anyways, in future please let us know about any issue early so a situation like this can be avoided. The problem here is because we have not been given the opportunity to check your water etc, you will likely continue on with the assumption that we sold you a sick fish which may or may not be so.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Are the moons aligned or something? It is unlikely to be anything to do with Anchor worm. It is more likely to have something to do with the water quality or parameters. No offense Eternity302, there is just an unusual number of emails like this. People don't usually buy sick looking fish so whatever problems are arising, it is likely after the fact.
Thanks for the pleasant response! But the moon AINT aligned if you haven't looked up yourself!
I wasn't even targetting your store! I was ONLY say thing because on another thread that wuz TODAY someone stated they bought one with anchor worms and had a confrontation with the manager!
I'm out as usual!

btw! I told him to buy prazi pro! If you didn't read! Wuzn't even saying it wuz your fault!~ how frustrating it is for me now~

·
Registered
206 Posts
I bought my fish from IPU on September 7th, baby Pbass.

I did my homework.

- I researched the water parameters for its native waters
- I researched the water parameter of the fish at IPU
- I asked what it was feed while it was at the store
-I nearly spent 1 hr acclimatising the fish before i placed him into the Aquarium

- I EVEN SAVED MY RECIEPT, because fish are fragile when moving to different environments, and extra percausions should be taken

WHAT I DIDN`T DO
-Is wait till the fish is near death (AFTER 2 WEEKS!!!) and then post Online claims so u can pressure IPU

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Like many of us, we all do our homework for our fish. for whatever reason, the FH didn't survive. the OP was just asking what can be done if anything since he spent a whopping amount of money on his fish. i don't think he wanted the fish to go belly up.

i don't think any expression of labeling of others of pressuring IPU for online claims should be posted. Let IPU decide upon that.

hope your peacock bass is doing alrite. those are beaut's.

·
Super Moderator
6,612 Posts
Please keep it civil and there will be no need to "mod" these threads.

To the OP, please continue to correspond with Rastapus about how to resolve this issue through pms.

Since the fish in question is now dead, I will close this thread and let the OP & IPU deal with it without any more unnecessary drama or heated words.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.