British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be travelling to Seoul, Korea this May and was going to drop by Aquarium street. I was just wondering if I bought some plants there and tried to bring them back (most likely put into a ziplock and into my luggage) - will they confiscate it? Will it give me a lot of trouble/headache? Will be calling CBSA tomorrow but just wanted to see if anyone else had experience with this or know an answer.

Best,
Dou

·
Super Moderator
5,317 Posts
It is illegal. Just a heads up....

Respectfully,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Definitely illegal. You need special permits to bring any aquatic plant in - it's tough even for big suppliers to bring some types in. Takes a long time to get approval etc. If you showed up with plants in your suitcase, you'd get a pretty big fine as they'd see it as a threat to our environment from any type of bugs or eggs potentially being brought over. Some types of plants themselves are illegal for anyone to import as well.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Where would plants ordered from Thailand or other countries via ebay and shipped over to us by mail figure in all this? Would they be considered illegally imported as well?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Where would plants ordered from Thailand or other countries via ebay and shipped over to us by mail figure in all this? Would they be considered illegally imported as well?
I would believe so. If the package is detect by boarder service, you will never see the package as it will be confiscated by the boarder service.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Yep. Better watch border security. Fine and destroyed. And places like Thailand is a red flag to begin with. You check a checklist of anything bringing back and if you check no and they find it.. Fine.
My supplier has a plant permit but still goes through inspection. They took all the Anubias I ordered as roots were sticking out of the pots. An none of my Anubias arrived last night .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts