British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the richmond store looking for assassin snails yesterday... Foound some but they were 5.99..... read on the forum that the BBY store had them on for 3.99..... Went to the BBY store and they were only 3.99....

My question is this.... why the different prices for the same product in the 2 stores? should they not be the same price at both? Just wondering. I know that lease and costs of running of each store is different but still boogles my mind.... i am not complianing about going to both stores as I was running around yesterday anyhow but still just curious is all.... I always end up going to both stores on my week-end erand run anyhow so no biggy!!!!!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
I found the Richmond location australian rainbow at $3.99 when it wuz advertised as $1.99.. I'm curious on that too! (Sorry, not derailing, just thought I ask as well)

Thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
I could only venture to guess that the Burnaby store's snails were smaller than the ones in Richmond. Mine are definitely under a half inch in size.

·
Registered
20 Posts
the market dictates the price of everything. ANYBODY will ask as much as they can for the product if there is someone willing to pay for it. its called business. my house in pitt is worth twice that of a comprable one in mission, a third of one in van, and lets not even talk about kits or the north shore.

all good things in life are free, but its money and credit that makes the world go round.

bailey

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Went to the richmond store looking for assassin snails yesterday... Found some but they were 5.99..... read on the forum that the BBY store had them on for 3.99..... Went to the BBY store and they were only 3.99....

My question is this.... why the different prices for the same product in the 2 stores? should they not be the same price at both? Just wondering. I know that lease and costs of running of each store is different but still boogles my mind.... i am not complianing about going to both stores as I was running around yesterday anyhow but still just curious is all.... I always end up going to both stores on my week-end errand run anyhow so no biggy!!!!!

Thanks
I recall a batch of Assassin snails coming in around $5.99 a while back. Each shipment is evaluated and priced individually based on exchange, freight rate etc. In this case I will change the price in Richmond as they have been coming in at better pricing as of late. The price margin in livestock is the same between the two stores, if there is ever a difference it is probably due to the supply of that fish between two different sources.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I found the Richmond location australian rainbow at $3.99 when it wuz advertised as $1.99.. I'm curious on that too! (Sorry, not derailing, just thought I ask as well)

Thanks
The Australian Rainbows in Richmond were $3.99 but were on the Features for $1.99. That sale ended yesterday so maybe that is why there is confusion with that one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I recall a batch of Assassin snails coming in around $5.99 a while back. Each shipment is evaluated and priced individually based on exchange, freight rate etc. In this case I will change the price in Richmond as they have been coming in at better pricing as of late. The price margin in livestock is the same between the two stores, if there is ever a difference it is probably due to the supply of that fish between two different sources.
Thanks for clearing that up... I knew it had to due with one coming in before the other or shipping costs or something.... My 6 snails are doing great!!!!! Eating all the crap and hanging in my tank.... Thanks again......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts