British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a marineland penguin hob filter that is so freaking shaky loud even after maintenance. I had a underwater 20 gallon kicker on the tank for the other end and it is pretty quiet. its right next to the seating area in the main room so rattling next to my ear... what do you recommend for a better filter that is quiet? I don't know much about canister filters regarding the sound but know they are well recommended, is there one that is reasonably priced and what kind of set up do you need to go with it, does it come with all the piping? Thanks

·
Registered
294 Posts
Look for a good used condition canister. I've found Eheim to be the quietest. Can get good ones for <$100

·
Registered
78 Posts
Eheim are the quietest ones out there. If you ask 5 people you will get 6 different opinions on which one is the best filter. I have all Eheims and never had any issue or noise. So my opinion is, they are worth the money. All canisters come with all the hoses and hook ups you need.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had eheim ecco pro and it is very quiet. I only switched to hob because the plastic clips on the handle keep breaking every time i open it for cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts