British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I have been trying to raise some black angels but only with very limited success. The parents are both very black, likely brother/sister from those Israeli (Danziger) strain of black, and judging from the fry they seem to be 'hybrid blacks', which means they look to have the D allele paired with a gold allele (D/g). There are about 25% gold fry which actually thrive quite well. The problem is the other 75% which look black (of these, I expect Black hybrids (D/g) 2:1 mixed with double blacks (D/D)), and they seem to die out rather quickly.

Does anyone have any experience with raising black angel fish? I am thinking trying a smaller first food (I have been using BBS) maybe like microworms, which seemed to work when I was raising Rams.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts, Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also wonder if perhaps they are a bit more photosensitive than the gold fry, maybe like albinos?, just a thought, dimming the tank won't hurt
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Top