British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received a few fish tonight not normally seen.

Mosquito Rasbora Boraras brigittae. An attractive little fish best suited for planted aquariums with other peaceful fish. Adult size just under 1" and beautiful color! Great for shrimp tanks due to its size and peaceful nature.
http://www.seriouslyfish.com/profile.php?genus=Boraras&species=brigittae&id=772

Sumo Loach Schistura balteata a recently discovered Loach out of Borneo. A little rambunctious but an attractive new fish with normally dark red vertical bands mid body.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Boraras brigittae are a wonderful fish for small planted aquariums like the Eclipse 6 or Fluval Edge or, of course, bigger planted aquariums. Their colours can be quite intense when they're happy. And they seem to eat anything you put into the tank, as long as it's small enough for their tiny mouths.

I've found my boraras brigittae to be very friendly. When I stick a hose into the tank to siphon water out, they will investigate the hose or my fingers, so I have to take care not to suck them up with the water. They love a tangle of hornwort or any sort of jungle. They like to hang together or with other microrasboras like merah.

·
Registered
743 Posts
thanks for the reply, will stop and see them next week when I get back to town

1 - 7 of 7 Posts