2,208 Posts
Nice. Is the gate there so that the fish can't escape? :p

Reactions: rwong2k10

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
picked up 3 goodies from pat today
killed my back moving one box have to wait for my cousin to help me move the other one... getting old and out of shape

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Ray, was just curious. How are you thinking of setting up the 90p's and 120p in terms of filtration and inline equipment?

I'm gathering equipment for a 90 and 120p myself, so watching your tanks progress will be very exciting and inspiring.

Just a bit torn on whether I should use an inline atomizer vs. inline heater, or two filters for both (overkill?) :p

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hey Ray, was just curious. How are you thinking of setting up the 90p's and 120p in terms of filtration and inline equipment?

I'm gathering equipment for a 90 and 120p myself, so watching your tanks progress will be very exciting and inspiring.

Just a bit torn on whether I should use an inline atomizer vs. inline heater, or two filters for both (overkill?) :p
hey thanks for following my adventures

when i had a 120 gallon aquarium before i used a eheim 2080 and eheim 2075. from my experience flow is quite important bit theres a balance as with everything.

for 90p im thinking of a eheim pro 4 600... waiting for jls boxing day sale. im thinking one will do and will add a powerhead for more flow if necessary.

for heaters i personally use hydor 300 watt inline heaters. ive been using them on my planted tanks for the past hmmm 9 years without issues and looks nicer without a heater in the tank.

as for co2 i just use the metal.co2 difussers and replace them every 3 months instead of cleaning the disc.

ive used the inline atomizer before but im lazy and maintenance on those are a pain.

hope that helps and let me know if you have any other ideas or questions

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Aquarium is in place, added 3 bags of ADA Amazonia to the ADA 90P Aquarium.
Next step is rock hardscape with my sons. He'll be excited to play with the rocks.
So the reason I use either ADA Amazonia or Tropica is because of it's mojo. This stuff is so powerful. For my 120g aquarium before. I only used ada Amazonia, high lights, co2, no water changes and top ups only (yes I'll get flamed for this) and no other liquid or fertilization and plants grew nuts for over 4 years. I also like the concept of substrate fertilization more since I think there's less access to the nutrients for algae vs in the water column (but that's my random theory)
I swap between Tropica aqua soil and ada Amazonia on my projects depending on the shrimp I'm going to keep in the aquarium.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
what kind of lighting you are going to use?
i havent fully decide yet as i need to save up

at a min a chihiros a series will grow the plants without any issues thats $140
a chihiros rgb 90cm one is $260 that will bring out the reds
a twinstar 900a is around $450 thats a nixe light

or the new chihiros wrgb series around $350 that you can manually control the spectrum and colours to your like

leaning towards the last one

any suggestions from your end

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
my sons and i played with some rockscape and came up with these 2 designs for a triangle scape.

the first one the right side wasn't high enough so added another bag of ada amazonia.

still need to tweak it a bit more

·
Registered
57 Posts
i havent fully decide yet as i need to save up

at a min a chihiros a series will grow the plants without any issues thats $140
a chihiros rgb 90cm one is $260 that will bring out the reds
a twinstar 900a is around $450 thats a nixe light

or the new chihiros wrgb series around $350 that you can manually control the spectrum and colours to your like

leaning towards the last one

any suggestions from your end

For a rimless tank kessil lights look great.
you can tune the color and intensity manual which is great.
Hanging from the mounting arm that way you will have unobstructed view from the top.
something like George Farmer's tank.
I am going to buy one of the smaller version of kessil for a nano tank .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I like the security fencing around your tanks. Are they electrified when you have kids visiting? lol
it plays justin bieber x baby shark remix when they touch the gates

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
todays design with my kids. made a video with them and will post later. looked away for a few hours and made some minor tweaks. will adjust some more later

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Project mahaha: Ray's Journey to Zen Project.* 3 x ADA 90P

Left one is a triangle layout from right high to low left.
Middle one is a island layout
Right one is a triangle layout from left high to low right.
Drawings my sons and I came up with, he totally enjoys the process

21 - 40 of 58 Posts