British Columbia Aquariums banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Nice tank Ray, I'm looking to get a Fluval flex 32 gallon in the spring, it's hard to stay away from this hobby.
oh sweet. those are epic

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
little update. slept on it for a bit. asked a few people and got some feedback on the hardscape. its a bit too 2d and i agree and he mentioned to try to make it more 3d with the photo below.

made a few adjustments today and will continue to tweak along the way

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Another day another play on the hardscape.

Looks a little bit better or not. but looks more natural and less rigid than the last one.

I find playing with hardscape more fun than filling and planting it.
I might not fill for a while.

thanks for looking

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
In all honestly, I really like the hardscape and the way I've placed the wood and the balance. But discussing with my buddy Clement, he noticed one thing. This is not the final end goal. Similar to my nature style scape beside this aquarium, once planted with details and contrast, most of the wood will be hidden. He mentioned and I agree, it's better to add more wood and make it even more complex as it will be covered but with planting it'll enhance the details. What a great suggestion. Always great to hear other people's point of view.

second photo are my additional pieces to add

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ended up using all the pieces and had to break the 2 larger ones into 4, since they were in the 'wrong' direction. Here's my latest* layout and a different angle

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
started to sketch how id like to plant this scape. heres about 25% progress

thanks to tropica aquarium plants for the drawings and aquariumpodcast for the technique

·
Registered
58 Posts
started to sketch how id like to plant this scape. heres about 25% progress

thanks to tropica aquarium plants for the drawings and aquariumpodcast for the technique
Nice, love the mock-up with the plants. Are the pictures of plants just random species right now, or do you have a plan for most of the plant species you want in there (e.g., looks like you have some Crypt balansae, Bolbitis, Monte carlo, etc. pictured in there right now)?

Also, any plans on the fish stocking yet? Looking good so far! :)

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Nice, love the mock-up with the plants. Are the pictures of plants just random species right now, or do you have a plan for most of the plant species you want in there (e.g., looks like you have some Crypt balansae, Bolbitis, Monte carlo, etc. pictured in there right now)?

Also, any plans on the fish stocking yet? Looking good so far! :)
wow great eyes!

these are actual plants I'll be using, It'll be a medium energy tank with mostly crypts in the back and throughout the setup. The bolbitis, I'm worried about it over growing. and spoke to a few people about mini bolbitus being a emersed only plant.

I was also using this to calculate how many pots of plants I'll need (prob 45+ pots, just a wild guess from the photoshop layers) but i do have most of these plants already growing in another few setups, so might cut it down from 45+ pots to 15 pots, but we will see. It's going to be a slow steady project.

Ideally, I'll be a planted shrimp tank without fish, with tangerine tigers and painted fire red shrimps.

THe middle 90p will be planted fish. But these are just my current thoughts and intentions, they change on a daily basis depending on the direction of today's winds :)

I was thinking, shrimp planted, fish planted, shrimp planted

I'm a big into shrimps (well atleast for today)

41 - 58 of 58 Posts