British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had my 79 gln starfire tanks set up since 2011 with Fluval stratum, the tank went through several scapes and it was finally time for a complete tear down and re do.
I should point out that despite all the stories about commercial soil needs to be replaced annually or every 2 years, this tank with first generation of Fluval Stratum defied that way of thinking.
Here is a picture of the tank in one of it`s scapes.

After a good clean up and getting rid of the Fluval Stratum the tank was ready for it`s new life, I added the new soil (Netlea) and new hardscape (seiryu stone)

added my plants
The plants are Rotala Rotundifolia 1 2 grow at the back,Elatine hydropiper i had growing emersed,Rotala 'Bonsai' from previous scape.Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini' ,Eleocharis acicularis 'Mini' from one of my scapes, 3 x crowns Pogostemon helferi that survived a melt.

Skip 10 days later, the soil is cycled , thanks to me already seeded filters, i fed the Bacteria pure ammonia while the tank was out of commission and also borrowed another canister from another tank., at this point livestock was added - Ember tetras , more will be added this weekend, Siamese algae eater , Amano shrimp.

I will be adding 2 pairs of apistogramma panduro in a week .

Regards

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing it develop. Your manicured dome of Downoi will forever be engrained into my memory.

Reactions: charlie1

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Looks killer Charlie1. Is that rotala rotundifolia in the back? Can't quite tell from the size of the picture. I'm hoping it's Rotala Sunset...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks killer Charlie1. Is that rotala rotundifolia in the back? Can't quite tell from the size of the picture. I'm hoping it's Rotala Sunset...
Thanks Reckon.
The Rotala is one of the new cultures added to the Tropica 1 2 grow line up ,
Rotala 'Vietnam H'ra'.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts