British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, as the title states I’m looking for tropical fish food I have tried the fluvial bug bite flakes and my fish really like it. But was thinking of changing it up a bit as they don’t really sell bigger tubs of fish food. Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? If so please let me know. Any advice is good advice.

As well before I forget I have neon tetras, guppies, danios and corydoras that tend to feed off of just fluval bug bite tropical flakes

·
Super Moderator
5,340 Posts
I got some Xtreme Aquatics pellets from April’s in S. Van and my fish really like it. New Life Spectrum also makes great products as well.

Best regards,

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
I prefer to use products by Omega One. I find that by far they have the best quality in their ingredients list. They don't use meal or fillers and they use high quality ingredients. My fish seem to do well on their products.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
It's also a really good idea to include some frozen brine shrimp or blood worms once or twice a week. The fish love it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's also a really good idea to include some frozen brine shrimp or blood worms once or twice a week. The fish love it.
Freeze dried or frozen. As I’ve tried the omega one freeze dried brine shrimp and my fish don’t really go for them.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Definitely frozen. Most fish like the freeze-dried, but there isn't much that won't go for frozen. It's a bit expensive and a bit more trouble to feed, but it's really good for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts