Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is for all those people who want and think they can house redtail catfish

this guy has a proper pond setup for these guys ! , :cool:

cool video enjoy

·
Registered
743 Posts
Cool video Juice.
Are the smaller monster cats (the lighter grey ones) also red tails? they seem a little more mellow, or just nervous around the head monster cat?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Cool video Juice.
Are the smaller monster cats (the lighter grey ones) also red tails? they seem a little more mellow, or just nervous around the head monster cat?
i really could not tell... but they might have been rtcs ,they just looked nervous around the big guy ..

i know one looked like a rtc/shovelnose , but other than that to hard to tell

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sweet video.
Only a few RTC's in that video, and 2 maybe 3 shovelnoises.
I totally want a 6000g pond in my basement, but g/f wants to rent it out soon. =(

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Great video. Love the giant koi in with other cat fish. Check out the red tail cats at the Vancouver aquarium . Those are very big they must be over a couple hundred pounds..

·
Registered
182 Posts
Very cool vid, its too bad that most monster fish don't end up in a 6000g pond like that one...

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Really cool video JUICE. Thanks for sharing.

I wonder if he has to feed them $12+ worth of food every day...

I really love Giant Koi too.

·
Registered
8,717 Posts
That's the part that intimidates me. I don't even feed my cats $12 worth of food a day. That would be $4k of food a year. I think that was my grocery budget for myself a year when I first moved out. Ouch....

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Really cool video JUICE. Thanks for sharing.

I really love Giant Koi too.
no i dont think its daily , cause a fish in the wild doesnt eat everyday !

i think that would be weekly ,and the rest of the time on some sort of trout chow , or a larger pellet [email protected]!

cool vid eh :cool:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
no i dont think its daily , cause a fish in the wild doesnt eat everyday !

i think that would be weekly ,and the rest of the time on some sort of trout chow , or a larger pellet [email protected]!

cool vid eh :cool:
I guess that makes sense :)

If they were fed once a week like this, then the cost is the same as what I was spending on feeding my Discus (when I had them). My Discus would only eat blood worms and I obviously only get the high-quality ones. I run through 2 packs a week (around $7 each).

Maybe its not too bad keeping these monsters after all. :D

The dude who was hand feeding them must have been doing it for a long time...what if the RTC bit his hand/fingers by mistake? lol.

Thanks again for the great video.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts