British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so looking to see how i can retrofit my eclipse 3 so i get more watt per gallon

right now i got two f17w/t8

how do i upgrade my eclipse 3 to get more watts ( heard of people making it two 65 watts

so if anyone can find anything on it like step by step guide or anything like where to buy then please let me know i need to do this soon as possible thanks

-Mike ;)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hi GreenGanja!
I am guessing that you're talking about the large Eclipse 3 system, probably 27 to 37 gallons? (As opposed to the Eclipse 3 gallon tank?)

I've read about people retrofitting their larger Eclipses and if you look around online you will see that some people have figured out how to do this as a do-it-yourself project. Others have used retrofit kits made especially for Eclipses. I couldn't find any companies that were still manufacturing Eclipse retrofits, though.

However, J&L Aquatics, which is local, carries retrofit kits. I don't know which size would work best for your Eclipse, but they have quite a few kits by different manufacturers.
http://www.jlaquatics.com/info/172/T5+Fluorescent+Retrofit+Kits.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.