1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rimless "Mini-Münster" Tanks

Three sizes availabe:

8 Gallon (14" L x 8.75" W x 15" T)

12.5 Gallon (16" L x 10.25" W x 17.75" T)

21.5 Gallon (20" L x 11.5" W x 21.5" T)

These tanks are a special purchase and available in limited quantities. They are a three piece glass construction. These unique tanks have a front and side panels that are one-piece seamless glass that is curved on the front edges.

Check out these pictures.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Same with me, I am so wanting to get out there to see them and start to do some planning. I take forever to get anything done sometimes. Oh to have endless time and money.....

I'll keep in touch and try to get something set up.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I set one of Corwin's 8 gallon rimless tanks up about a week ago and it looks wonderful. I kind of just threw it together one afternoon -- substrate & plants -- without any forethought to the aquascaping, and somehow it still looks lovely. I've got a 15 W Macro-Glo refugium light on top.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
My rimless 8 gallon, set up

Hi Corwin!

I thought that you might like to see a pic of my rimless 8 gallon. I set it up recently, using plants that I got from Tim at Aquaflora.

Sorry about the big black thing in the middle of the tank -- I stuck that on the end of the Liberty filter so as not to suck up shrimp!

I think that the tank looks a lot better in person than it does in this photo (I'm not a great photographer...). I am enjoying the little community of plants and endlers very much! Thank you for the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Beautiful set up of the 8 g....Where did you get the light fixture...?

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Thanks, Maya and Fishkeeper! The tank is from Munster Tanks. I got the light fixture from BigAlsOnline.ca It's a Macro-Glo, made for refugiums. I planned to use a clamp lamp on it, but I needed the clamp lamp for another tank. I looked around and found the 15W version of the Macro-Glo and it works really well for these plants. The Macro-Glo also comes in a 25 Watt version but I thought that would be too strong for this tank.

The filter is an Eheim Liberty 100, available at Island Pets. It's the first time I've used one of those and I like it. It cost less than the AquaClear 20 (at least on the day that I bought it) and it's very quiet.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Hi WCL

I think it's water lettuce. I got it from CRS_Fan. I have a lot in more than one tank, now. I can give you some if you'd like!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thank you Morainy but i'm not quite ready for plants.
I'm stuck on how much light i need and which fixture to buy.
My inability to decide has stalled my progress.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Okay! Great. But -- my experience is that water lettuce grows and grows and you don't have to worry about the light -- it seems to be thriving in one tank where it receives mostly a bit of dim window light and in another tank where there's a good light above it. If you want to give it a try, just come and get some. I'm sure that by the time you decide, I'll still have plenty. I really like this plant and the fish seem to, as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts