British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided I wouldn't wait a full week to do an update. The trio Rio are doing very well. They eat absolutely everything I give them which consists of black worms, blood worms, spirulina brine shrimp, new life spectrum pellets, flake food and occasional live brine shrimp. They don't seem to fatten up in the belly despite their intake but I'm expecting that to take some time. They also receive a 50% weekly water change with a controlled temp of 78.5 degrees and a weekly dosing of black water extract. The attached photos aren't great as they are still very camera shy and my other fish kept photo bombing them. I will do another update in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So glad to hear they're doing well!! They are some lucky angels getting all that good grub :) Keep the updates coming please! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
342 Posts
They look great though the fact that they aren't fattening up, I might look into seeing if they need to be dewormed or treated for parasites

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As for the deworming/parasite control: already taken care of and they will be having final treatment in two more days.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well it's been over a month from last update and this one won't be a full one as I only have one poor picture to share until tomorrow.

The Angels were with my others in a 45 gallon while adjusting and being treated for internal parasites since they weren't fattening up. What ended up happening was two of my other angels paired up and started beating up all my other fish. The Rio Angels then developed a fungal infection which was aggressively affecting the Rio Angels. I medicated the tank and used a q-tip to spot treat which worked wonders. After one week they were all clear and I didn't lose a single fish. I then promptly decided to move them into my 125 gallon to give them space since my one pair laid eggs in the 45.

Within no time the Rio trio have fattened up and two are showing signs of pairing. The colour in the one photo doesn't do them justice and the glass isn't very clean right now.

I'll try to post better photos tomorrow and try a general tank shot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
So glad to hear that they're doing better! You're such a good fish dad lol. If they end up successfully breeding, that'll be so awesome!! Thanks for the update :) keep em coming!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some photos, only two are of the Rios specifically but this rest give you an idea of their company and the tank.

This first photo was taken with different camera settings and cleaned up with editing software but the colours were not touched.

The Rios

I hope I do get some babies as I would love to have more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts