1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIP Paddy the Fahaka puffer
I woke up in the morning 5:30 and paddy did like a little last breath and died
yep its not a whoop ass day and its a good way to start my b-day
so if anybody knows were theirs not a over priced fahaka i might buy a new puffer .
let me know guys whats out there

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry for your lost :(

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
sorry to hear the bad news. Island pets in Burnaby had a few the last time i was there. I don't think they were that expencive. Send them a pm.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
are puffers not very hardy?
all this as the result of a 50% water change with no prime? i know people that never use prime...

·
Registered
485 Posts
Chizza Johnny, I'm so sad to here that:( Vancouver has Bren known to increase chlorine levels higher at different times of the year, wonder if that what happened as we have all filled and forgotten prime from time to time.... You were so good to him. I enjoyed meeting him. Hopes the rest of you b day is good.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so look at this this made me laugh at this guy . but to me it was like ha ha paddy is dead

Time Online: 1 d 5 h 18 m
Avg. Time Online: N/A
Default puffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfishtanks View Post
???????????? im do water changes all the time thank god for no water meters hahahahhahahahah LOL LOL LOL LOL
like all the water treatment that goes towards cleaning water then wasting it on car washes and watering lawns, the city treatment water system is a little screwy if you ask me . thank god for no water meters LOL
I rather waste water on my hobby and going overkill with it LOL
complaining that its overkill are you for real?. you know whats overkill not people wasting water for aquariums. butt people in the lowermain land like millions of people taking a crap in clean treated drinking water

then this guys pm me this

posted by Mferko
sounds like you went "overkill" after all
karma sucks sometimes eh?

so this tells be this guy is a little sensitive to a debate. think he needs a huge lol
once a week from 25 % then the next week ill do 50% so i think from going to prime then not using it once shocked him big time
i used to never use it, then started using then not using it , so i say if using prime stay with it and don't forget

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Chizza Johnny, I'm so sad to here that:( Vancouver has Bren known to increase chlorine levels higher at different times of the year, wonder if that what happened as we have all filled and forgotten prime from time to time.... You were so good to him. I enjoyed meeting him. Hopes the rest of you b day is good.
we increase chlorine levels after heavy rainfall
this would not be one of those times, there is likely something else going on in the tank.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
so look at this this made me laugh at this guy . but to me it was like ha ha paddy is dead

Time Online: 1 d 5 h 18 m
Avg. Time Online: N/A
Default puffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyfishtanks View Post
???????????? im do water changes all the time thank god for no water meters hahahahhahahahah LOL LOL LOL LOL
like all the water treatment that goes towards cleaning water then wasting it on car washes and watering lawns, the city treatment water system is a little screwy if you ask me . thank god for no water meters LOL
I rather waste water on my hobby and going overkill with it LOL
complaining that its overkill are you for real?. you know whats overkill not people wasting water for aquariums. butt people in the lowermain land like millions of people taking a crap in clean treated drinking water

then this guys pm me this

posted by Mferko

so this tells be this guy is a little sensitive to a debate. think he needs a huge lol
once a week from 25 % then the next week ill do 50% so i think from going to prime then not using it once shocked him big time
i used to never use it, then started using then not using it , so i say if using prime stay with it and don't forget
your post was not "debating"
it was just being ignorant.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
your post was not "debating"
it was just being ignorant.
LOL dude i know all about water im i certified water works tech .
by being ignorant i don't do every day water changes . if i did thank god there's no water meters . is all im saying, do you still need a huge

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
LOL dude i know all about water im i certified water works tech .
by being ignorant i don't do every day water changes . if i did thank god there's no water meters . is all im saying, do you still need a huge
then you should understand that 3 successive 50% changes is nothing short of silly.

2 successive 50% changes = 1 75% change
3 = 1 87.5% change

why argue that 3 successive 50% changes is good when all it does is demonstrate you can't do math.

i was simply trying to point out wasteful habits so that not everyone else on here adopts them, a community of people can make a difference.
there is really no reason to justify being wasteful

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so why pm this

I just don't think that was cool . but anyways it my b day and im going to look at some puffers .

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sorry about your loss, that sucks :(

Mferko, way to derail the thread.

EDIT - Happy bday!! Hopefully the rest of your day gets a lot better!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry about your loss, that sucks :(

Mferko, way to derail the thread.

EDIT - Happy bday!! Hopefully the rest of your day gets a lot better!
thanks it been a pretty good day besides the puffer . i have alot of people coming over with no fish in my 180 LOL so im gonna tell people i just grow plants and dont have fish LOL hahahhaha

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
then you should understand that 3 successive 50% changes is nothing short of silly.

2 successive 50% changes = 1 75% change
3 = 1 87.5% change

why argue that 3 successive 50% changes is good when all it does is demonstrate you can't do math.

i was simply trying to point out wasteful habits so that not everyone else on here adopts them, a community of people can make a difference.
there is really no reason to justify being wasteful
Shawn or some one please step in here??
Mferko, this thread has nothing to do with what your talking about. Please refraim from causing trouble on the forum, i think at this point you are starting to anger quite a few people.

Put it to rest, a comment about Carma is just a B#$%@ move buddy.

On a side note, sorry to hear about the puffer. I was bumbed when mine died.
Go down to the store and grab yourself a fahaka for you B-day

Alex

1 - 20 of 46 Posts