British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SED (Sedimentary Filter)
  • Extracts suspended dirt, silt, rust, sediment and sand from a range of 20 down to 5 microns in size
  • Reduces particles that are 8 times smaller than are visible to the human eye

$5.00

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this worth and will it really work out
Hello and thank you for your question.

The 5 micron SED filter will remove particulates only down to 5 microns. There are huge amounts of particulates and sediment in water that is much smaller than 5 microns.

As such, we always recommend an RO/DI system for water treatment for an Aquatic tank. Water Quality is often the largest cause of Aquarium health issues. With the Aquasafe Aquarium II 7 Stage RO/DI System you will have the ability to easily produce 0ppm water at a small fraction of the cost of buying Aquarium Grade water. Also by producing your Aquarium grade 0ppm Reverse Osmosis RO/DI water at home you will never have to lug water out of the store and into your home again :)

We hope this information has been useful

Best Regards:

Aquasafe Systems

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hello Thank you for the information. I'm setting up a fish room with approximately 1000g total. my stock will be plants, and some fish. Any suggestions on what i would require? and where to buy the system. Thanks again for the help. T

1 - 5 of 5 Posts