British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Yup last time I went in for supplies Emily said they took over the tanning salon. If I recall they are putting tanks for sale over there and more store where the tanks were!! Yay

·
Registered
560 Posts
They took 1/2 of the old tanning salon. Apparently gonna fill it up with all the empty tanks for sale. Think of it like the King Ed's warehouse, only safer, and warmer! Makes for more room for stock in the main store. Nice to see a LFS doing okay, with good people running it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Was just in there last week and didn't notice a thing!! Maybe I was too pre occupied with getting a killer deal on a marineland c360 from George. Great shop, fantastic employees and customer service. Very happy to see them expanding for the better.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Adanac I'm with you if he was to buy and breed nice and or rare african cichlids to stock his back sales wall I'd be in heaven for sure I think I'd even volunteer up there lol.

Just one problem, your average aquatic hobbyist wants the best/cheapest price that makes it a tough business model.

I heard through the grape vine that he used to do that it was called perkys or something, I wasn't into Africans then :(

·
Registered
560 Posts
Perky's Pets. Ahhhhhh, those were the days. A fish store that specialized in african's. Our own Wetspot, right here in New Westminster. Roger had more hair back then too! Lol

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went in and got to see the reno for myself. Looks like a fun job ripping up flooring and taking down the walls from the tanning booths! The livestock is being put in the tanning salon, They have to move all the tanks and fish to the other side of the store YIKES :eek:
Looks like they have a little while before they are done but have already made some good progress.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Oh wow things must really be changing up there.... I do need a whole co2 setup for a upgrade on my dads planted tank(starting a new 85g bullet tank) EDIT: since he needs a whole new co2 setup I meant I had another reason to go in lol just forgot to type it lol

Good to see a small guy doing good, making changes and making it work....

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Perky's Pets. Ahhhhhh, those were the days. A fish store that specialized in african's. Our own Wetspot, right here in New Westminster. Roger had more hair back then too! Lol
Gotta agree Chris......those were the days :cool: I had a 125 full of beautiful Africans at that time.....all from perky Pets. Roger used to get lots of gorgeous Africans in........ONLY PROBLEM.....he wanted to take them all home :mad: It was really hard work getting him to sell you some of his favourite Malawi and Tanganikans.....and at that time, if you remember, Africans were VERY expensive. Although PP's was a small store, it was packed full of great quality fish. They brought in lots of great fish as well as buying from local breeders. They brought in some great wild discus from time to time......I totally remember getting some "dinner-plate" size wild greens . Definitely the largest discus I ever had the pleasure of keeping. They had to measure a good eight (8) inches.....Yep that's EIGHT inches :bigsmile:

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I went in again to buy some food and I was talking to roger about the reno and apparently they are moving the empty tanks on the front wall to the tanning salon not the fish stocked tanks!! I was wrong before and Emily must have had me confused with her wording it was busy that day :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts