British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As the title says, I am hoping there are some smaller faster fish that could be roomies with my 3"-4" Flowerhorn. Could I put some larger danios or tetras or something in the tank? The Flowerhorn is alone in my 65g tank right now, but he looks kinda small all by himself in there. It would be cool to have some other movement in the tank for a while until he grows bigger. I dont want to put others in if he is going to harrass them to death, but thought maybe something that definitely doesnt look like him and is very fast might do OK. I do have some bigger river rocks, a small shale cave and quite a few taller, bushy silk plants in the tank as well, so there is refuge maybe. Anybody else tried this? Any thoughts, ideas? I know that he will eventually need to be an only lonely guy, but since he is still small and young I was hoping...

·
Registered
264 Posts
my swordtails are the fastest in the west. except one. FH juvi keeps thinking he can get them:) NOT!
Actually I have my three juvi \FH in with everybody. Only one is a little bad boy.
I personally think any fish should be in with others and learn a few social skills.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I would go with either something that is fast or something that can hold their own. Tin foils or actually you know what, i've seen so many FH's by themselves that's a hard one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts