1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hope you are successful raising a few more of these little beasties

·
Registered
178 Posts
Awesome! The tangerine tiger I got at the auction is berried too!

I clearly need a better camera though

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well the blue bolts and got from the auction aren't even blue blue bolts. It was hard to see what they were in the moss. I'm glad your shrimps are doing well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
You are very lucky funkycat. You bought two Tangerine Tigers and turns out one is a male and one is a female. If your tank is big, I don't know how your single male shrimp finds the female. I had about 21 Blue Ruby (Blue dream) babies to start. Most of them died, Now I have about 7 shrimps left. Only one is berried for about two weeks.

I got my Orange Eye Royal Blue Tiger shrimp at the auction for $12.0. There was only one OERBT shrimp auctioned. It went for only $12.0 I think it was because there was only one shrimp and the shrimp didn't look healthy. It had an arched back. I believe it was transforming. After the transformation it looks normal and it turns out to be a female.

I crossing them with a regular blonde/slightly blue Orange Eye tiger. I notice when the OEBT shrimps are healthy their Orange Eyes grow brightly. When they are not healthy, the Orange Eyes lose their grow. Is that a known fact?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My Blue Ruby shrimp has delivered and I see about 5-6 shrimplets. Unfortunately, the mother shrimp died after.

20161218_122416.jpg

My Royal Blue Tiger shrimp has been berried for about 3 weeks now. She still has not delivered yet. So slow.

20161218_165430.jpg

Can someone identify this shrimp below?

20161218_123200.jpg

Thanks,

·
Registered
178 Posts
Funkycat, how are your Tangerine Tiger Shrimps? Has the female Shrimp delivered yet?
Nope, the blue dream did but some babies are orange.....so either didn't breed true or something funky happened.

Tangerine tiger has been berried for 3+ weeks. Haha so hopefully any day now

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like Tiger shrimps carry their eggs longer than the blue dream shrimps. Just like the CRS. Great that your Tangerine Tigers are doing well. I don't want to count the eggs before they hatch. I hope we can get to the point when we can trade shrimps if you want to.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I only have one Royal Blue Tiger shrimp. I am not touching my tank (change water, add water) until the shrimp gives birth. It is fun and nervous when you start your colony with only one female shrimp.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Funkycat:

How is your Berried Tangerine Tiger shrimp?

My Orange Eye Royal Blue Tiger shrimp gave birth today. I don't see the babies yet. They are hiding somewhere.

Yesterday's Photo:

OERBT.jpg

Today's Photo (Not carrying eggs anymore):

OERBT2.jpg

Happy Holidays !!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a bit of a puzzle right now as all the shrimplets running around are either deep blue or orange so I'm suspecting the tangerine tiger had shrimplets and got berried again so quickly I didn't notice.

All is well though as I currently as both females who laid eggs are already berried again!!
I also picked up 3 more tangerine tigers from ska shrimps and one of those grew up and is berried too. The colony is coming :D

Really happy with the blue dream babies, they have a super deep blue colour

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think your Tangerine Tiger eggs have not hatched yet. If you see eyes in the eggs? If you do, the chance that your Tiger eggs have not hatch is high. Newly eggs don't usually have eyes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good news. Last night I actually saw about five shrimplets around the pre-filter. It is kind of scary watching them crawling around the pre-filter. They are so small, they can easily get suck into the filter.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Good news. Last night I actually saw about five shrimplets around the pre-filter. It is kind of scary watching them crawling around the pre-filter. They are so small, they can easily get suck into the filter.
I'm so glad you found them!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts