British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Salutations from the North Shore

2K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  shaobo 
#1 ·
Hello my names Anika I'm twenty years old, currently i reside in Port Coquitlam but undergoing a move back to North Vancouver. I have started up my first freshwater community tank and believe that this will turn into a lifelong hobby and career. Eventually i would love an octopus and some jelly fish. Also marine biology highly intrigues me along with the hours i have spent at the BC Aquarium just staring through the glass. I have a twenty-five gallon running with black sand natural substrate and four species of live plants. As for the fish i just lost my first one today sadly, he was a male dwarf rainbow fish.
Whats left:

2 sparkling(croaking) gouramis
3 honey dwarf gouramis
4 rainbow dwarf fish
5 galaxy rasboras
3 corydoras(1 albino, 2 peppered)
2 ottocinclus catfish

This tank has been going for about two and a half monthes.
I also have a half moon male beta in a seperate environment also containing live plants.

See less See more
#4 ·
Yes I love the catfish, although I did buy the last three glass catfish from my store, one died so the two became very aggressive whilst waiting for my next three to join them. Those two now reside in my boyfriends fathers fifty-five gallon, heavily planted and are schooling even with the two. Taken from my tank I replaced them with the dwarf rainbows and now when i upgrade my tank I will be looking into the thread fin rainbows, magnificent specimens.

#16 ·
Welcome to BCA, Anika :D!

We are an amalgamation of many different hobbyists here. There are dwarf shrimp, planted tanks, cichlid, goldfish/koi, pleco, catfish, betta, oddball, community, marine (FOWLR), and reef enthusiasts to name a few.

Enjoy your time here :)!

Best Regards,

Stuart

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.