British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once i fill up my tank will those scratches disappear or should i buff them while i have the tank empty?

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
If its already empty and you have the products, I'd buff it out. Even though you can't really see the scratches once the tank is full, I find that a smoother surface makes for easier tank cleaning.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
re

thanks tony , i think i will fix it up

·
Registered
485 Posts
I buffed the entire front of a 75 using a car polishing pad on a drill. The improvement to the surface was great. Perhaps over a larger than that area I could see a variation but I think with nuvo polish its pretty surface... That was my experience anyways:) using # 2 and 3..

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Someone told me to buy a product called Acrylic Scratch Remover that is sold at Can Tire, or is their a better product that you guys might know of?

·
Registered
485 Posts
I like Nuvo polish, can be bought at cantan (sp/) I can get address for you its a tanning supply place on boundry just down from hastings they sell it to clean the scratches from tanning bed acrylic.. If your interested google Nuvo polish acrylic and youll see lots of before and afters...
Lisa

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
You can find Nuvo Industry Plastic (should be able to locate a fw in YellowPage) or whatever names they all changed to now. They have stores in Richmond, Surrey, and Langley.

They are awesome and last forever.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
RE: Nuvo

Cool sounds like what i need, thank you Lisa but i can look it up no biggie.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts