British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Not yet but I like the design and the reviews I have seen. The companies that have collaborated make good products, not sure if they have the filter box capacity equivalent to the Acs but I am tempted to try one out ... I like the fact the pump is submerged and part of the intake and protein skimmer ... anyone else have comments.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Just watched a couple of U-tube video's on this filter, looks impressive and has some really neat features such as heater holder and a large media capacity, I like the water discharge being flattened out to cut the noise and total control of the 2 inlets and discharge control too. They did their homework on this design with the Sicce motor/pump choice. I've used AC filters for years, but this maybe one I'll have to try. :cool:

·
Registered
900 Posts
That was my thought too ... looks like an option and available through AngelFins in Canada :)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it looks to be a good filter. The way it's designed there is no bypass, even AC's have bypass. It's like they took the ideas from a bunch of filters and put it into 1. The only gripe I have is if the trickling sound is loud, I don't think you'd get any motor noise out of it because the motor is submerged though.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Just ordered a 55 seachem filter from Angelfins, for my 40 gallon cube tank for future set up along with a 2236 eheim canister filter, should be a great filtration combo.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Keep us in the loop on how it goes. That filter combo sounds great will you add a sponge filter or airstone as well?

Reactions: The Guy

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Keep us in the loop on how it goes. That filter combo sounds great will you add a sponge filter or airstone as well?
Oh ya forgot the sponge filter it will be there for sure, the new seachem will give great top water skimming and surface water turbulence, the eheim 2236 will give great mid to bottom filtration and of course the sponge filter will top it off with added filtration and oxygenating the water too. I'm collecting all the parts I need for a co-2 system any suggestions are welcomed. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Just got my Seachem Tidal 55 today, wow it's everything the u-tube video says very well made unit with attention to all the details, it should work well I'm thinking :cool:
I'll post again when I get it going on a tank once I'm moved hopefully soon.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I just got one as well (55) and have been running it for 3 days now. Works and sounds great but they are a little expensive (I paid 85$).
Hope it holds up and the only thing I think i could complain about is that the filter box shape is tricky to cut your own extra foam filter material ...otherwise very impressed.

·
Registered
277 Posts
its pretty quiet. I only seem to get noise when it's about 3" below the spillway. Not too different from the AquaClear HOB's.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Where did you find yours? Local retailers or online ? Haven't seen anything out and about here lately.

its pretty quiet. I only seem to get noise when it's about 3" below the spillway. Not too different from the AquaClear HOB's.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Wow pretty decent price. Thanks for the info. Is this the top of the three models or some where in between ? Are u substituting the media with other stuff or using the seachem stuff?

I ordered mine from Angelfin on line paid $59 plus taxes and shipping.

·
Super Moderator
4,021 Posts
Wow pretty decent price. Thanks for the info. Is this the top of the three models or some where in between ? Are u substituting the media with other stuff or using the seachem stuff?
Model # 55 for up to 55 gallons. Angelfin are great to deal with. probably will just add a bag of purigen and use the media it comes with.

·
Registered
900 Posts
If you have a US parcel pick-up ... Walmart US is a supplier and they are on sale when I checked last week ... even with exchange a good price.

Reactions: Jousters

·
Registered
277 Posts
i got mine at Fish Addicts in Langley. They appear to be the only LFS that has them in.

Reactions: Luke78 and Jousters

·
Registered
277 Posts
yes, i think you should be able to do that 30% anyway. My intake at full extension is over 1/2 way down on my 33g and the motor is about 1/3 of the way down. Give me till the weekend and I will know for sure!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts