British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Most of our projected shipments have arrived, overall we are very impressed by the quality!
Our Ecuador shipment arrived with some great Green Terrors, 3-4" at $19.99!
We received Royal Clown Knives at both locations and at around 8" they are beautiful.
Our Sulawesi shrimp also arrived, albeit not the quantities we were hoping for but fantastic quality. The Blue Tigers are particularly nice.
The Electric Blue Jack Dempsey are the best size we have had on an import. Great color and quality.
On the Puffer front, we received a couple Mbu as well as the best Figure 8 Puffers I have ever seen. Perfect fins and great size! The Pea Puffers are twice the size than usual, great fish.

We also imported juvenile Rose line Torpedo Barbs! Starting tomorrow they will be a feature at $8.99! Just over 1", you can already see the red coloration coming in and being tank raised they are very hardy. For anyone hesitant on this fish in the past due to their price, this is a great opportunity to pick up a school at a great price!

More shipments due in Tuesday the 27th! Have a great weekend!:D

·
Super Moderator
6,764 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I picked up a Figure 8 puffer from IPU yesterday and they are absolutely stunning. However, I am having trouble getting him to eat. I float the froze hikari bloodworms right over his head but he ignores it. Should I just give it some time, or try another food?

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up a Figure 8 puffer from IPU yesterday and they are absolutely stunning. However, I am having trouble getting him to eat. I float the froze hikari bloodworms right over his head but he ignores it. Should I just give it some time, or try another food?
I would give it a little more time. They are nice.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
how big will the figure 8 puffer grow?

wuz the recommended tank size? and are they pure fresh or brackish water?
They are pure freshwater from South East Asia. Their adult size is 2.5 inches and minimum aquarium size is a ten gallon.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
grant. speaking of puffers, can you be a super duper feller by ordering me a Dragon Puffer/Pignose/Humpback otherwise known as a Palembang Puffer :)... pretty please hahah

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
how mean are the figure 8 puffers? can I put it in with other fish? and how much are the pea puffers?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Deleted because some people just dont get it

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am sorry to contradict you, but this information is incorrect. They are brackish and require a salinity from 1.005 to 1.008. While they are ok in freshwater for the short term they will not live the 15 years of expected life that one in brackish water would.

Regards,

Bodhin
Figure Eight Puffers actually do come from freshwater. I have seen them in a lake/river near where my grandparents live in malaysia. Or maybe it was another kind of puffer....but im pretty sure it had the figure eight on its back

·
Registered
145 Posts
Deleted because some people dont get it.

Sorry Bigals:(

·
Registered
505 Posts
how mean are the figure 8 puffers? can I put it in with other fish? and how much are the pea puffers?
I have mine in with a pea puffer (3.99 btw) and some ottos and so far it's been ok. It has only been a day though so take it for what it is. I am monitoring closely for any aggression.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
thanks very much ! i know you guys have carried this species before. So it can be done :D.... just a matter of when is the question. Id like to put one in my new 55G .

1 - 20 of 32 Posts