British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick time lapse I took of my shrimp working on a spinach leaf tonight.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the interest. It was shot over about an hour.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had no idea that shrimp would go for spinach like that. Why don't they eat your plants?
I boil the spinach for a few minutes to soften it up. That may have something to do with it.

Reactions: Morainy

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've recently been blanching dandelion leaves and they are just as popular. I'll do another time lapse soon.

Reactions: Jousters

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
And one of the shrimp tackling a broccoli stalk tonight.

Not sure why it isn't embedding. Sorry about that. Pretty sure it is user error on my part.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Embedded now, for anyone not quite interested enough to click the link.:)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Very cool, I tried mine on boiled Zucchini but the excess was too soft to pull out and it made a mess so I never went back to it.

Cheers,
Sean

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They made quick work of this dandelion leaf. Seems that the larger leaves need to be blanched for longer to soften them up. Smaller leaves (under 4 inches) only need a couple of minutes.

Reactions: YumiChi and MDT

·
Registered
373 Posts
your shrimp are lovely!
What kinds are the white and blue ones? Do they not interbreed (throwing "mutts")?

Also, what is the plant you have carpeting the bottom? I love the way the red plant (a crypt of some sort?) pokes through it. Do you find that larger plants ever have trouble being under the carpet and having to poke their way through?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts