British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta seems to be doing nothing but to lay at the bottom of the tank, mostly behind a piece of wood I have, for the past 3 months. Once in a while he swims around and when it's time to eat he comes up with no problem. He's a bit over a year.

I am afraid he might be sick... temp and everything else is fine. Should I be worried or do I just have a "lazy" betta?!

·
Registered
516 Posts
What kind of tank is he in? Does he have heat? Filtration? Is it just a betta bowl? What are your water parameters? How often do you do water changes? What do you feed him? Is he the only fish in the tank? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he's in a 5gl tank by himself. The tank is heated and has filtration. Last time I checked my parameters were normal. I am about to do a full water change since I brought back ocean rocks from our trip to Oregon that I plan on putting in the tank. I feed him BettaMin (flakes).
I posted some pics.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Is your filter too strong? My female is in a 25Gal all by herself (I have no other fish lol) and sometimes she'd not move around when she gets in the way of the filter. Also maybe he's just getting old since he doesn't look like he's growing anymore fins.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks! I will check if my filter is too strong.. I havent changed it since I got him so I dont know if it is the current..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts