British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a friend's place yesterday and he showed me his silver discus. I must admit the shape is a bit odd for a discus, but it sure does seem to fit in with the others :rolleyes:

So, I have to ask..............does anyone else have any monos living (quite happily I must add) in their discus tank :eek:

10 points to the first person who can figure out what's wrong with this picture ;) - no photoshopping and the mono does live in that tank.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Um what's wrong--- Its not at your house?
More guesses please Im at a loss:)

Amazing blues and albinos!!

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
whats wrong..is monos are meant to be @#$#@$##( i wont give it away.)..and yes..of course..knowing whos tank it is...tell him to throw some africans in while hes at it. lol.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Monos are brackish when they get older, but I figured they were small enough and if he adds salts for the discus that wouldnt be it.. It must be the tank isn't at her house:)

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lisa:

Yeah, April was right. That mono really shouldn't be as happy as it is in all that freshwater - usually 2 50% waterchanges PER DAY :eek::eek: It is growing up thinking and acting like it's a discus.....pretty much like a certain altum grew up thinking and acting like it was a discus :rolleyes: It's very bizarre to see it so well settled in that tank.

The only salt the tank gets is 2 tablespoons of epsom salts for the entire 240 gallons. I put more salt on my fries ;)

And you're right - his discus are gorgeous. Here's another quick video of them.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recognize the old man of that tank! And I remember a Mono being mentioned before. That's hilarious. The tanglewood forest gives it away too. Should have taken a video of the plecos. :D
No one would believe it ;) The zebras are the largest zebras I have ever seen (I had my last zebra for eight years so I know how big they get) and the colors are anything but washed out; very vivid black and white. I know I saw a gravid female zebra yesterday - I have absolutely no doubt. Yes, I'll admit it....I do dream of that tank :)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
that was a very short movie.nice discus..wonder where they came from.
Some store way out in Dunbar that keeps fueling the problem that us addicts have :D All except for two "orphans", one from Shelley and one from IPU's display tank

The silver discus on the other hand......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts