British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

Do you like the new banner?

• Yes, Shawn did a fantastic job and is a real Van Gogh!

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • No, Shawns artistic skills can be equated to that of a Kindegartner!

Votes: 40 75.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Shawn just had to do this, it's kinda bugging me :D I was gonna just put this in the staff section first but figured heck just go public with it lol.

I know your not an artist and probably threw this banner together pretty quickly but the more I look at it the more I dislike it :p Just being honest bud:D

So I am gonna start a poll here to see what other members think and maybe we could start up a contest for a new banner and the winner could win something. I think it a great idea and hey everyone loves a contest and I think we need one after the crash.

So the poll is above and I believe that if the majority wants it changed then we should change it and setup the contest from there.

Will probably run this for a week or so.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I like this banner... I really like the BCAquaria logo colours :D but that's also because purple is my fav colour. :D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like this banner... I really like the BCAquaria logo colours :D but that's also because purple is my fav colour. :D
I agree on the logo, I think that should be the one thing about the banner that stays, I believe that is the same logo being used on the shirts too.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I like the bubbles LOL
Goldfish just don't do it for me.
Way too many other cool fishes besides those poop machines!!

·
Registered
567 Posts
I guess I'm the only one who voted yes.. lmao. :p

Silly question - Where can you get a BCA shirt? Do we do a order and then get them in?

·
Banned
797 Posts
Replacing the Super Red Asian Arowana with a calico goldfish just doesn't do it for me. But heh, the bubbles are funny :)

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
i also liked the old one better.....
moving bubbles is ok though.

·
Super Moderator
6,611 Posts
When I saw the banner for the first time, I thought China's Best (Goldfish), one of our BCA sponsors had slipped Shawn a little extra to make the new BCA banner goldfish dominant.

I like a mix of fish from the different types of aquaria our members keep. More sw, monster, cichlid, community, and maybe even some shrimp - ie. CRS or Sulewesi.

The old banner was more representative of the non-goldfish crowd (even though my wife has a fancy goldfish cube & I have a butterfly koi outside tank).

I would like to keep the logo, the bubbles & even the colour scheme, but replace the goldfish with a wider selection.

Anthony

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Maybe should b a contest about it like it was for the logo and see the diferent ideas :)

·
Registered
318 Posts
Shawn, you know we love you and I'mma let you finish, but BCA version 1 was the best banner of all time.
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...epic. We should all thank Shawn for coming up with a banner..might not be the best..but at least he tried. with that said, a contest for a new banner would be nice...hmm hard to choose between the two choice...his art might not be van gogh...but he is better than a primary school kids....

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.