British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for a small quit airpump to buy. Anybody has something that works fine but want to get rid of?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
when you say small what are you talking about?
J&L Aquatics has good ones for fairly cheap....
i think i paid $20 for the maxima....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Is there such thing as quiet air pump ? They all get noisy when you restrict the air flow. They are quiet when you bleed off excess air with an airstone.

I do have a couple of small air pump. $5?

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
brand new one at kramers petworld in guildford mall is $12.99 for the smallest, I just bought the biggest in the series and even it is silent. The pumps are called Fusion made by JW pet

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I've been using Fusion for quite a while now. Its "mostly" quiet, but IMO its still loud. Its quieter compared to the others though.

When I bought it new, it was very quiet and over time its gotten louder (just like all the air pumps). I have the biggest ones BTW.

I would still buy fusion in the future.
Good Luck on your hunt.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got one it said for a 40G tank $10.99 at Petsmart the other day. i am actually very impressed how quiet it is. Its quieter then my $40 one I bought that is supposed to be super quiet!

·
Registered
916 Posts
LOL air pumps make noise :eek:...I only hear them if they get bumped into something solid and start to rattle away.And only then if its making more noise than 2 skeletons wrestling on a tin roof..:eek:. Personally I find the Rena's nice with the built in control valve and all.

But then again my ears might as well be painted on for all the good they do me sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
2,109 Posts
I found I can reduce the air pumps noise by hanging the above the tank or eswhere by a string and not touching anything the can resonate off.

I put a new "complete repair module" in my Maxima adjustable pump yesterday what a difference.

I ordered the Fusion 700 from J&L Aquatics on line yesterday for $24.95 abut $20 cheaper than any I could find in S Surrey/Langley.

YMMV ( in other words your results/milage may varie)

Mike

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I found I can reduce the air pumps noise by hanging the above the tank or eswhere by a string and not touching anything the can resonate off.

I put a new "complete repair module" in my Maxima adjustable pump yesterday what a difference.

I ordered the Fusion 700 from J&L Aquatics on line yesterday for $24.95 abut $20 cheaper than any I could find in S Surrey/Langley.

YMMV ( in other words your results/milage may varie)

Mike
this is tru.. ive tried it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.