British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
You can try to get some acrylic solvent cement and let it seep into the cracks. But at 3 gallons, I'm not sure if I would be too worried.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Atom, is this your BRAND NEW Eclipse tank? If so, I highly recommend that you take it back to the store! They can get you a replacement tank shell for your Eclipse! Or, call Marineland and they'll mail one out to you. (They sent me a new hood and light when mine broke)

I've had Eclipse tanks for years and have never seen anything like that. Unless you're keeping a rhino in that tank, it shouldn't be cracking!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
i have full bottle of the cement to fix it you can have it for free if you like.
Thanks! I may take you up on that in the future:) I just tested the tank for leaks and nothing so far. I might just leave it for now.

Atom, is this your BRAND NEW Eclipse tank? If so, I highly recommend that you take it back to the store! They can get you a replacement tank shell for your Eclipse! Or, call Marineland and they'll mail one out to you. (They sent me a new hood and light when mine broke)

I've had Eclipse tanks for years and have never seen anything like that. Unless you're keeping a rhino in that tank, it shouldn't be cracking!
Oh no no...I got a second eclipse tank previously USED from another kind board member :)

I was cleaning it today and noticed the tiny cracks. It might have already been there or it happened during the public transit ride. Either way it doesn't seem to be leaking, so I might just leave it for now. I was just being paranoid.

Haha, I wonder what would happen if I sent it back to Marineland! Not that I would ;)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Oh, if it's an older tank then I wouldn't worry too much about the cracks in a small tank like that. I don't think that it will suddenly fracture. More of a cosmetic issue, probably.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts