British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this flowerhorn from Peter (Richmond) about a year ago, and just have a chance say: thanks Peter, I like the flowerhorn very much. Hope you all well.
And thanks Ed you told me how to raise him.
Here are some recent pics of my flowerhorn:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice FH, big hump!! but the clour little lighter...:)
Thanks pisces.
About the color, I like more reddish on his body, too.
So, I have been feeding him ChingMax Red, but reddish on the body only increase a bit. Maybe, because of his strain, KimHua, major color is blue.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
the flowerhorn looks happy. kok is coming back and looks awsome! if u want more pics taken i can come over anytime once agian to take them.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the flowerhorn looks happy. kok is coming back and looks awsome! if u want more pics taken i can come over anytime once agian to take them.
Sure, Peter.
2 weeks ago, the flowerhorn was not feeling good in my 108g tank. So, I heavily cycled a 33g tank for him with undergravel filter and an AC110. I found he likes the 33g tank more. The 108g tank is still in cycling now. After the flowerhorn comes back to his home tank, I will give you a buz, :)
Thanks again

·
Registered
530 Posts
Wow !!!! You are doing an amazing job in nourishing this BEAUTY. I am so glad you still enjoy this beast. He can still grow more with proper feeding + regular water change. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow !!!! You are doing an amazing job in nourishing this BEAUTY. I am so glad you still enjoy this beast. He can still grow more with proper feeding + regular water change. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Peter you have laid solid foundation on him, I mean you had been keeping him in a deep 50g tank when he was at his crucial developing stage of both hump and body forming.
After I picked up him from you, he missed you much and ate nothing, until 3 entire day passed and had made some small bites on bloodworms......
He is at his 10'' of length, oh yeh, you are right, I need to do water change more often, to let him grow to his maxium potential size. I am still learning on how to give him combined food combo, pellets, shrimp, beef heart, etc.
Been waiting for more of your 210g tank's pics, and pics of other tanks, too, :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
no worries always happy to take pics of nice fish! the new guy is a lil small still for pics but they will come soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts