British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding my regulator solenoid. I bought a used Milwaukee regulator and have hooked it up to a 5 lb co2 system. Everything is great except that the solenoid is not working. I can only assume it's stuck in the open position as the reg is working. When I plug it in or unplug it there is no change to co2 - keeps running when unplugged?

I guess I should look at replacing the solenoid - is this a common problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have a question regarding my regulator solenoid. I bought a used Milwaukee regulator and have hooked it up to a 5 lb co2 system. Everything is great except that the solenoid is not working. I can only assume it's stuck in the open position as the reg is working. When I plug it in or unplug it there is no change to co2 - keeps running when unplugged?

I guess I should look at replacing the solenoid - is this a common problem?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....
Common issue with Milwaukee.
One thing you can try , take it apart- remove the power coil & there is 2 or 4 small Phillips screws that secures the metal plate to the solenoid body- take plunger out & crack the co2 bottle open for a brief second, this will clear any debris if caught in the body, then clean the the rubber seal around the plunger with a quick wipe/blow off, reassemble & check if that helps.
If it does not , you need a new solenoid.
Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts