British Columbia Aquariums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
These are sea dragons! not sea horse.

I cant believe they are actually up for sale. They are very rare (maybe endangered) species.

·
Super Moderator
6,610 Posts
Sea dragons are a species of seahorse. Amazing that any are ever for sale since their collection from the wild is totally illegal under CITES protection. Captive bred sea dragons are super, super rare. Far rarer than say Super Red Aros.

·
Dark Lord Owner
2,235 Posts
so the question is who will buy one, i`ll see if i can message them to see if they can join this thread and give some input :)

·
Super Moderator
453 Posts
Some of us once attended a presentation by Charles Delbeek about how public aquaria keep sea dragons. They are definitely an experts-only species that should probably be left in the ocean. Not surprising that he mentioned how they've become the latest and greatest fad and status symbol in Asia (where everything is a fad and status symbol).

·
Registered
119 Posts
First I thought I'd totally get one IF I was a marine hobbyist and IF I have that much money to spare but then I saw how big they got and I has like never mind (I misread 6 feed to 6 inches). I like smaller seahorses much more that that huge seadragon; but it is VERY nice looking!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts