British Columbia Aquarium Forums banner

SPECIAL ORDER/WISHLIST THREAD - Whatcha want?!

20K views 137 replies 48 participants last post by  kim86 
#1 ·
As the title says, whatcha want?!?

Feel free to request fish here, as we can bring in most species for you. Depending on the price, you may need to put a 50% deposit down (fish $80+ for example, or crazy oddball fish we wouldn't otherwise order in). You can comment here or PM me.

Please tell me the following:
  • species of fish
  • quantity of fish
  • when you'd like them
  • the ideal size of the fish
  • preferred gender of the fish

I'll do my best to give you pricing info ASAP, and depending on when you want the fish, add it onto the next order when available.

Thanks! :)

#3 ·
Mudskippers are awesome. Unfortunately, they haven't been available too often as of lately. I'll definitely keep an eye out for them though! We always have them when they're available, so if they pop up on the list we'll get some in for you :) How many were you thinking?

#4 ·
Hi Kim!
Glad to have another sponsor. I do have some requests I'd like to make.

I've been looking high and low for Brigittae rasboras. I know I'm not alone in this search and I'd gladly make that really long bus/train commute to Petland PoCo just to get a hold of some. They've dried up lately and no one has been able to get any for some time. I'd easily buy at least 10 for my empty tank I've been saving it for.

Lesser priority but same goes with Sundadanio Axelrodi. Blue or purple strain preferred.

And if none of the above, I am also looking for a single male Betta imbellis.

Please let me know if any of these fish you could possibly get within the next month or so. I'm dying to stock my tank with any of these guys but I don't want to leave it empty forever either.
Thank you for taking my potential request and again, welcome to the community. :)

Matt

#5 ·
We just had some brigittae rasboras in the store! Like 25 of them, actually. They're usually always available, but the list I have right now from one of our suppliers doesn't have them :( I will be placing another order with a different supplier very soon, if they are available I'd gladly order in however many you'd like! I'll actually check to see if there's any leftover from the last shipment (they are small, sneaky and hide easily). Right now, there's brilliant, harlequin, galaxy, emerald eye, scissortail and dwarf maculatas (which I ordered some of) on the list. I'll let you know when the mosquitos show up! Same with the blue axelrodi. As for the betta, I honestly haven't seen those listed from any suppliers recently but I'll let you know.

Thanks for the welcome and request! :)

#22 ·
manacapuru red shoulders, Peruvian altums or Santa Isabella angels would be nice! It's cuz I don't know if I'm ready for altums yet so I thought I'd try some wild scalares first and that way also have chance of trying to introduce would blood into my breeding stock.

Looking around to see what place have what I want for after I return from my vacation in May

#26 ·
Hi Kim
I am looking for some new dwarf cichlids (Apisto's),
the ones in particular are Ap. bitaeniata, Ap. diplotaenia, Ap. atahualpa,
and can you ever get wild caught?

#35 ·
Hi Kim,
I left an earlier post but wanted to update my wish list for the following Apistogramma species if you can find any of them.
Ap. trifasciata
Ap. bitaeniata
Ap. abacaxis
Ap. diplotaenia
Thanks Russ

#41 ·
Hi Kim

I'm looking for Threadfin Acara's (Acarichthys heckelii). Ideally around 2" in size. Depending on price I am interested in 4 - 6.

Are you able to source them?

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.